Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll provided the latest injury updates following Seattle's 23-21 win in their preseason finale over the Oakland Raiders.
Rookie cornerback DeAndre Elliott was carted off the field during the game and did not return. Carroll said that Elliott and tight end Joe Sommers were two players who sustained ankle sprains.
Speaking of tight ends, for the second game in a row, Jimmy Graham was on the field beforehand going through warmups with the team. Carroll was encouraged by the progress Graham has made since being taken off the PUP list.
"Jimmy's close," Carroll said in his post-game press conference. "His confidence is way up. He's demonstrated he can go out and battle with us on the practice field which is the same thing that Thomas [Rawls] did.
"He's doing everything he can to get back and we're really fired up for him. He looked great again in pre-game."
On the defensive line, Jordan Hill "might've tweaked his hamstring", per Carroll. Michael Bennett was inactive due to a procedure on his toe earlier this week — one Carroll said Bennett has been doing for years.
"Michael Bennett's in great shape and had a three-day process that he needed to take care of." Carroll said.
The Seahawks return to the practice field on Monday to prepare for their season opener against the Miami Dolphins and hope to have all players participating.
- Rapid Reaction: Seahawks 23, Raiders 21
- Seahawks Top Raiders, 23-21, In Preseason Finale
- Brothers Kam Chancellor & Keenan Lambert Play Together At Safety
- Seahawks Preseason Finale Saw "Young Guys Making All The Plays"
- Thomas Rawls Completes "Incredible Comeback" With Preseason Debut
- Marshawn Lynch Greets The Seahawks In Oakland
- Jeremy Lane Sits Down During National Anthem
Game action photos from the Seahawks' preseason finale against the Oakland Raiders.