The Seahawks held a mock game at Lumen Field on Sunday, the first chance for 12s to be in the stadium to cheer on their team since the end of the 2019 season. And in addition to some exciting action on the field, most notably a touchdown scored by defensive tackle Poona Ford, a good piece of news to come out of the day is that the Seahawks got through the day relatively healthy.
"I think we got out of there pretty clean," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said.
Receiver Penny Hart, who has had a very good start to camp, "turned his ankle a little," Carroll said, but that was the only injury reported after the game.
As for the players who missed the game due to injuries, here's the rundown from Carroll:
- C Ethan Pocic: "He did feel the hammy that slowed him up early the day before yesterday. We have to watch that one, because it's something he reaggravated. We don't know how serious that is at this point—he doesn't feel like it is—so it may be a couple more days. But hamstrings can get naggy if we we're not really smart, so we've got to be careful there."
- T Cedric Ogbuehi: "Cedric has a bicep strain that we have to figure out what that's all about."
- T Jamarco Jones: "Right near the end of practice, Jamarco's back spasmed up, it's going to be a couple of days for that to loosen up. That's not as much as injury as it is discomfort right now."
- RB Rashaad Penny: "He's got a thigh thing, just a little bit. He ran and feels fine, but we're just being cautious."
- CB D.J. Reed: Reed had a groin injury that caused him to leave Saturday's practice but Carroll said his absence, like Penny's, was more of a precaution.
- T Tommy Champion: "Tommy did a groin thing in pass rush (drills)."
The Seattle Seahawks faced off against each other in a mock game at Lumen Field on Sunday, August 8. Gallery updated throughout the practice.