Good morning, 12s.
Here's a look at what's 'out there' for today – Thursday, March 26 – about your Seattle Seahawks:
Corporate Partners Responses
As the coronavirus crisis in Seattle continues, organizations and businesses both big and small are doing their part in the community to show their support and lend a helping hand to those that need it both.
On a local and national scale, the Seattle Seahawks' corporate partners continue to make huge strides in providing relief and support for those affected by the virus. Here's a list we compiled of our partners' efforts in the community:
Angeline's Day Center/YWCA Time
- Recipient of donated food from First & Goal Hospitality. Picked up food on Monday, March 16 (www.ywcaworks.org)
- Donated to the COVID-19 Response Fund via corporate dollars (www.becu.org)
- Teamed up with the Seahawks to promote the importance of donating blood during a time when there is an extreme shortage in local blood banks (www.bloodworksnw.org)
- Shared their revamped 'Future U' programming for kids grades 6-12 which includes interactive videos and virtual field trips (www.boeingfutureu.com)
- Open to product donation (us.coca-cola.com)
Heritage Distilling Co.
- Blending batches of HDC Hand & Surface Sanitizer to provide Seattle Children's Hospital and Safeway with sanitizer. Distributed over 7,000 gallons of product (www.heritagedistilling.com)
- Open to product donation (i.e. to offer relief in providing meals to healthcare workers and first responders)
- Increased hiring push to help support those who have lost jobs because of the virus (jobs.pizzahut.com)
- Launched campaign to Help Feed Local Families During the Current Crisis via donations during checkouts. Dollars will be allocated to the following:
- Fund the transportation necessary to expeditiously send safe 'meal kits' to food banks and feeding programs throughout the state
- Support non-profit delivery services focusing on serving seniors and those quarantined due to exposure to the COVID-19 virus
- Assist school districts to ensure all children can receive meals during school closures
- Help organizations working to enroll recently unemployed people on SNAP and WIC
- Fund food vouchers and gift cards to donate to organizations
- Safeway/Albertsons will match $3 million of customer donations (www.safeway.com)
- Remain open and operational, created info page on website (www.seattlechildrens.org/patients-families/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/)
- Accepting donations from the community for FDA-approved basic isolation masks and surgical masks
- Drop-off hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Monday through Friday at select locations
- Providing free coffee to first responders and healthcare workers (www.starbucks.com)
- Remain open and operational, created info page on website (www.virginiamason.org/coronavirus)
- Approved use of Healthy Tips with Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett videos on Seahawks.com
- Announcement of 'Pay It Forward LIVE,' a digital entertainment series that will benefit small businesses impacted by COVID-19. For more info, visit www.verizonwireless.com
- Dave Matthews to perform a 30-minute intimate concert to debut the series
- Thursday, March 26, 5 p.m. PST
- Concert will stream on Twitter @verizon and Yahoo Entertainment
I'd like to echo that Verizon announcement one more time. Dave Matthews. Tonight. LIVE. Don't miss it!
A huge shout out to all of our partners that are working hard to make a difference during these crucial times of need. We appreciate all that you've done and continue to do. Remember, we got this, Seattle!
Seahawks Weekly Challenge
Join the Seahawks Weekly Challenges by completing new activities, just for kids, provided every week. Plus, share your completed challenges on social media using the hashtag #WeGotThisSeattle. Check out all of this week's challenge.
Social Post Of The Day
Today's 'Social Post of the Day' comes from Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, as he posts a photoshopped photo of himself in the Seahawks throwback uniform.
More From Around The Web
Seahawks.com's John Boyle shares the fourth-version of his 2020 Mock Draft.
Jim Moore at 710 ESPN Seattle ranks the Seahawks' eight offseason acquisitions.
Brandon Gustafson from 710 ESPN Seattle shares Michael Bumpus' thoughts on the acquisition of CB Quinton Dunbar.
Joe Fann from NBC Sports Northwest speculates eight remaining free agents the Seahawks could still target.
Seahawks Dancers Erika and Jon, as well as Seahawks staff members, donated blood to Bloodworks Northwest.
The closure of schools, businesses, and events over coronavirus concerns has put nearly 60% of the community's blood supply in jeopardy. For the safety of current and future patients, please consider donating blood today. Learn more at bloodworksnw.org.