SEATTLE — After the Seattle Seahawks cruised to a 20-13 victory in their preseason home opener against the Minnesota Vikings, head coach Pete Carroll provided the following injury updates about his team:
- Seahawks offensive tackle George Fant was carted off the field in the second quarter with a right knee injury. Carroll said Fant needs surgery on his knee and "will have trouble" returning this season. It is ACL related. "We talked about the great year that he had this offseason and that it's going to take that same kind of application and fight and competitiveness and spirit to work his way back through this," Carroll said regarding his conversation with Fant after the game. "He felt very confident he would do exactly that. He's going to take the same approach that he took to this offseason and he's going to get back, and when he gets back he's going to be a really good football player. He's disappointed but he also knows this is kind of what you have to go through. It's the first time he's been injured in hoops or anything, so he'll have to deal with it ... he's got lots of love and support around here."
- Rookie wide receiver Amara Darboh was ruled out of the game while being evaluated for a concussion after taking a hit on a pass attempt from Russell Wilson. Carroll said Darboh was given treatment after he banged his head on the turf.
- Seahawks wide receiver Tyler Lockett has a chance to play next week against the Kansas City Chiefs, Carroll said. Paul Richardson (shoulder), K.J. Wright (knee) and Thomas Rawls (ankle) are likely to return in that game.
- Jimmy Graham was held out of tonight's game as a precaution after dealing with back spasms during the week. Carroll said Graham and fellow tight end Luke Willson (groin) will come roaring back against the Chiefs.
- Running back C.J. Prosise had a tight groin in warmups, which held him out against the Vikings. "It's disappointing because we were really excited about him playing tonight," Carroll said. "He's not hurt seriously, but it's just going to take a little bit."
- Frank Clark banged his thumb at one point in tonight's game but the injury is nothing serious. Carroll said Clark told him he will be OK.
Game action photos from the Seahawks' 20-13 victory over the Minnesota in Week 2 of the 2017 preseason.