The Seahawks will wait until Sunday to determine the status of two of their starting defensive backs, with safety Jamal Adams and cornerback D.J. Reed both listed as questionable for Seattle's Week 11 game against the Cardinals due to injuries that came up in practice this week.
"Those guys are going to go to gameday and see how they do, because something happened a little bit during the week, so we don't enough about it yet," coach Pete Carroll said Friday after both players sat out Friday's practice. "So we've got to wait and use every day. They're hopeful that they're going to be all right."
Reed is listed with groin and knee injuries, while Adams has a groin injury. Asked about Adams' injury, Carroll said the Pro-Bowl safety, "just tweaked something" in practice this week.
Also questionable and expected to be a game-day decision is reserve tackle Jamarco Jones, who has a back injury.
"He landed on his back," Carroll said. "It's not exactly the same thing that bothered him before, but it's still bothering him some. I can't tell you that he's going to make it, we'll wait until Sunday to figure that out."
Defensive end Kerry Hyder Jr. is also listed as questionable, but he did practice Friday and Carroll said, "Kerry Hyder came back today, he feels good."
Left tackle Duane Brown, who left last weekend's game with a hip injury, practiced Friday and does not have a game status designation, meaning he's ready to go.
"Duane practiced," Carroll said. "He's OK."
For the Cardinals, All-Pro receiver DeAndre Hopkins has been ruled out with a hamstring injury, meaning he will miss a third straight game. Quarterback Kyler Murray, who has missed the past two games with an ankle injury, is listed as questionable and will be a game-day decision, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters on Friday. Also questionable is All-Pro safety Budda Baker, but Kingsbury said the Bellevue High and University of Washington product will play.
- S Jamal Adams (groin, did not participate)
- T Jamarco Jones (back, did not participate)
- DE Kerry Hyder Jr. (calf, limited)
- LB Cody Barton (quadricep, limited)
- CB D.J. Reed (groin/knee, did not participate)
- WR DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring, did not participate)
- G Justin Pugh (calf, did not participate)
- LB Tanner Vallejo (knee, did not participate)
- RB Jonathan Ward (concussion, did not participate)
- S Budda Baker (heel, did not participate)
- C Max Garcia (Achilles, limited)
- QB Colt McCoy (pectoral, full)
- QB Kyler Murray (ankle, limited)
- DT Corey Peters (shoulder, limited)
- S James Wiggins (knee, limited)