Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll shared the following injury updates following his team’s 46-18 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday Night Football:
- Rookie running back Chris Carson suffered an ankle injury in the fourth quarter against the Colts and was carted off the field after having his leg put in an air cast. Carroll said postgame that Carson “significantly” injured his ankle and will undergo an MRI to determine the details of the injury. “He did hurt his ankle significantly, we’ll see what that means when we get all the MRI’s and all that stuff done,” Carroll said.
- Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril left the game because of a neck injury and Carroll said they’ll run more tests to determine its significance. “Cliff hurt his neck a little bit,” Carroll said. “We’ve got to figure out what that’s all about. He feels fine now but we’ve got to make sure he’s OK.”
- Seahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane exited the game in the first quarter with what was announced as a hip injury to the press box. Carroll did not have an update on Lane’s current status or what his availability may be for next week’s game against the Los Angeles Rams, though the head coach did call Lane's setback a groin injury as opposed to the hip injury that was originally announced.
- Starting left tackle Rees Odhiambo had a chest injury and Carroll said the second-year offensive lineman had trouble breathing at one point. As a precaution, Carroll said Odhiambo is being taken care of in the hospital tonight. “All of his signs are really stable, he’s really solid,” Carroll said. “He got hit in the chest and had a little trouble breathing, so they just had to do all of the precautionary work to make sure he’s OK.” Later Carroll added: “He had the wind knocked out of him on the field … hopefully he’ll be all right.”
- J.D. McKissic Scores Twice In Seahawks' Win Over Colts
- Defensive Depth Steps Up In Win Over Colts
- Rapid Reaction: Seahawks 46, Colts 18
- First Half Notes: Seahawks vs Colts