Following the Seattle Seahawks’ 22-16 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday Night Football, head coach Pete Carroll shared the following injury updates about his team:
- The biggest injury in Thursday’s game was to Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who, according to Carroll, suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon in the second half. Carroll said Sherman is likely out for the remainder of the year and will undergo surgery. “He got his Achilles tonight,” Carroll said. “He’s got to get checked and all that kind of stuff, but the doctors are really clear about it that he ruptured his Achilles.” Regarding Sherman, Carroll later added: “He’s been just a bastion of consistency and competitiveness and toughness. Through all of the stuff we’ve worked through together and all of it, it’s been awesome. It’s been hard, it’s been challenging … he’s been an extraordinary, almost iconic player in this league … we’ll miss the heck out of him.”
- In his second game with the Seahawks, left tackle Duane Brown left Thursday’s game with an ankle injury. “He got an ankle sprain, we’ll see what means (and) what the degree of difficulty is there,” Carroll said of Brown. Carroll later added: “He’s already talking like he’ll be OK, but there’s no way to know. There’s just no way to know."
- Carroll also said running back C.J. Prosise, who returned from an ankle injury this week, left the game with a sprain to his other one. “I can’t even fathom how that happened to this poor kid,” Carroll said. “He’s trying to play football and he just can’t stay out there.”
- Carroll said safety Kam Chancellor left the game late with a stinger. “We’ll need to see what that’s all about,” Carroll said. “We’re taking care of him and making sure he’s OK as well.”
- Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin had his hip tighten up while going through pregame warmups. “His hip just tightened up and he was working on it all the way through the pregame process and throughout the game the whole time,” Carroll explained. “And he played with it.” Baldwin caught five passes for 95 yards against the Cardinals.
- Other Seahawks to leave Thursday's game were Jarran Reed (hamstring) and Michael Wilhoite (calf), along with Sheldon Richardson and Frank Clark (thigh), who ran into each other in Arizona's backfield. Richardson was the only one of the four to return to the game following injury.
Fan photos from the Seahawks' Week 10 game against the Cardinals in Arizona.