Good morning, 12s.
Here's a look at what's out there for today – Thursday, April 30 – about your Seattle Seahawks
Rookies On The Radio
The Seahawks added an exciting class of eight rookies to their roster during last week's draft, and while those players won't be in Seattle for rookie minicamp this week like they would in a normal year, you were still able to hear from them this week thanks to interviews on Seattle's two sports radio stations over the past few days. In case you missed any of them, you can catch up in the links below.
- G Damien Lewis, LSU: Lewis, who is expected to compete for the job at right tackle, was on with the Tom, Jake and Stacy Show on 710 ESPN Seattle, and he talked about going from one winning program to another, about being "a mean, tough and nasty guy, who can do it all—maul guys in the run, maul guys in the pass," and more.
- WR Stephen Sullivan, LSU: Seattle's seventh-round pick detailed his incredible life story on Sports Radio 950 KJR's Softy & Dick show. His answer was so good and thorough, there wasn't time for more questions, so Sullivan will go back on with Softy and Dick later this afternoon.
- TE Colby Parkinson, Stanford: Parkinson, a fourth-round pick, joined the Bob, Dave & Moore show on 710 ESPN Seattle to talk about getting drafted, trying to become a complete tight end, and spending part of his childhood in the Seattle area.
- WR Freddie Swain, Florida: Swain, a sixth-rounder who adds more speed to a position group already full of it, went on Sports Radio 950 KJR with Jason Puckett and discussed route-running, punt returning, joining a talent group of receivers and more.
- LB Jordyn Brook, Texas Tech: Seattle's first-round pick went on Sports Radio 950 KJR's Chuck & Buck show and talked about being a first-round pick, becoming teammates with Bobby Wagner and more.
- RB DeeJay Dallas, Miami: Seattle's newest running back joined 710 ESPN Seattle's John Clayton and talked about becoming teammates with Travis Homer again in the NFL, about being faster than his 40 speed, and about if he's ever been a D.J.
- DE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee: Taylor, who Seattle traded up to target in the second round, was on with Sports Radio 950 KJR's Ian Furness, talks about the Seahawks trading up to get him, about his visit to Seattle before the COVID-19 crisis shut down travel, and about being a father and student athlete at the same time.
DE Alton Robinson, a fifth-round pick out of Syracuse, will be on with Sports Radio 950 KJR with Furness later this afternoon.
Social Post Of The Day
Today's social post of the day comes from running back Rashaad Penny, who shows off some of the progress he has made in his comeback from the ACL injury that ended his 2019 season.
More From Around The Web
Here at Seahawks.com, a look at what the rest of the NFC West did in last weekend's NFL Draft.
Seattle non-profit FareStart is partnering with the Seahawks, First & Goal Hospitality and other local organizations to provide emergency meals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times caught up with Jordyn Brooks' defensive coordinator at Texas Tech and provides an informative look at Seattle's first-round pick.
710 ESPN Seattle's Tom Wassell explains why he's a fan of the Seahawks' 2020 draft class.