RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks announced today activities for the third preseason game on Thursday, August 25 vs. the Dallas Cowboys. All gates and American Family Insurance Touchdown City, located in the CenturyLink Field Event Center, open at 4 p.m. and kickoff is at 7 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to bring school supplies or cash donations to help "Stuff the Bus" in partnership with Communities In Schools of Seattle. A school bus will be parked at the north end of Occidental Avenue South for fans to drop-off supplies. Fans can also drop-off school supplies or make a cash donation through August 25 at one of the team's four retail locations at CenturyLink Field, downtown Seattle, Renton Landing or Alderwood Mall.
Volunteers from Camp Fire Snohomish will be distributing the Seahawks Gameday Magazine for $5 as part of the Spirit of 12 Partners program. All proceeds raised will be matched 100% by the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
American Family Insurance Touchdown City is free and opens at 4 p.m. Seahawks Legend Blair Bushwill be signing autographs at the American Family Insurance Legends Experience. Rock cover band High Voltage will play two sets from 5:20 - 5:50 p.m. and 6:20 - 6:50 p.m. 710 ESPN Seattle host, Gee Scott, will serve as emcee.
Additional activities include:
- Two 13'x 24' high definition/resolution screens
- Interactive games and contests
- Photo opportunities
- Airbrush tattoos and hair painting
- Performances by Sea Gals and Blue Thunder
- Sea Gals autograph booth
- Appearance by BOOM, Seahawks mascot
- Opportunity to take images with Taima, team's augur hawk
- The Pro Shop kiosks
- 710 ESPN featuring live reports and pregame analysis
Local reggae band, Two Story Zori, will perform on the outdoor stage located at the northwest entrance from 5-6 p.m. and at the same location immediately following the game. Local cover band, 24-7, will perform in the Brougham Beer Hall from 5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
In recognition of USA Football Month, athletes from Special Olympics Unified Sports programs will join all-star teams from Northwest Premier Youth Football for a NFL FLAG demonstration during halftime.
The Seahawks will continue performance based promotions including the following:
- When the Seahawks secure three defensive turnovers, all fans will receive a free haircut from Great Clips.
- When the Seahawks win, all fans receive 50% off any online pizza purchase at Papa Johns.
- If the Seahawks record one defensive sack during the game, all fans win a free Jumbo Jack with any beverage purchase at area Jack-in-the-Box locations.
Additional gameday contests and promotions information can be found at Seahawks Contests and Promotions.
The team has added four all new walk-in Pro Shop retail locations in section 124, at the southwest and southeast corners of the Delta Sky360° Club Level and on the Suite Level next to the garage entrance.
Seahawks fans are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to enjoy game day activities and avoid any traffic or parking delays. A transportation guide is available at Seahawks Gameday Guide.
The Seahawks have implemented walk-through metal detectors at all entry gates to increase security and safety measures while expediting entry. As a reminder, fans may carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container into CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Field Event Center (home of Touchdown City) or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12";
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options;
- Fans with medical equipment are encouraged to enter the stadium through the following gates: West, Northeast VIP, Northwest VIP, Southwest VIP, Club Level Garage Entrance and Suite Level Garage Entrance.
The hashtag for Thursday's game is #DALvsSEA. Fans are encouraged to tweet their gameday photos to @12s, an account curated by the Seahawks, using the hashtag #WeAre12. For stadium and traffic updates, follow and direct questions to @CenturyLink_Fld. The customer service staff at The Pro Shop is also ready to address your retail related gameday questions at @SeahawksProShop.
About Communities In Schools
Communities In Schools of Seattle is an affiliate of Communities In Schools of Washington and part of the nation's largest and most effective organization dedicated to keeping kids in school and helping them succeed in life. Communities In Schools has been in Washington since 1991 and serves over 54,000 students, families and schools in Auburn, Federal Way, Kent, Key Peninsula, Lakewood, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Richland and Whatcom County. Visit www.seattle.ciswa.org for more information.
About Camp Fire Snohomish
Since 1930, Camp Fire Snohomish County has provided youth programs in the community. Members include boys and girls three years old through 12th grade. The programs of Camp Fire Snohomish encompass a wide range of youth development activities that include: after school clubs; summer camping programs; outdoor education; programs for low-income youth; self-reliance courses; and special programs for children with developmental disabilities. Visit www.campfiresnoco.org for more information.