RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Seahawks announced today activities for the first preseason game on Thursday, August 18 versus Minnesota Vikings. All gates and American Family Insurance Touchdown City, located in the CenturyLink Field Event Center, open at 4 p.m. and kickoff is at 7 p.m.
Volunteers from American Red Cross will collect cash donations at all stadium gates and along Occidental Avenue through halftime. All gameday donations will be allocated to help people affected by the Louisiana floods. Donations enable the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from these disasters. Fans can donate online at www.redcross.org/seahawks-pub or text "LAFLOODS" to 90999 to donate $10 (standard text messaging rates apply).
Volunteers from Treehouse will be distributing the Seahawks Gameday Magazine for $5 as part of the Spirit of 12 Partners program. All proceeds raised will be matched 100% by the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
American Family Insurance Touchdown City is free and opens at 4 p.m. Seahawks Legend Ray Roberts will be signing autographs at the American Family Insurance Legends Experience. The local rock and Beatles tribute band, British Export, will play two sets from 5:20-5:50 p.m. and 6:20 – 6:50 p.m. 710 ESPN Seattle host, Gee Scott, will serve as emcee. Additional activities include:
- Two 13'x 24' high definition/resolution screens
- Interactive games and contests
- Photo opportunities
- Airbrush tattoos and hair painting
- Performances by Sea Gals, Jr. Sea Gals and Blue Thunder
- Sea Gals autograph booth
- Appearance by BOOM, Seahawks mascot
- Opportunity to take images with Taima, team's augur hawk
- The Pro Shop kiosks
- 710 ESPN featuring live reports and pregame analysis
Fans who purchase two $5 SEAHAWKS SCRATCH tickets at Washington's Lottery booth inside Touchdown City will receive an entry to win an autographed jersey from Seahawks Legend and Pro Football Hall of Fame member Walter Jones, a Seahawks mini fridge or elite receiver gloves.
The Po'okela Street Band will perform reggae on the outdoor stage located at the northwest entrance to the stadium from 5-6 p.m. and at the same location immediately following the game. The Michelle Taylor Band will perform blues-rock in the Brougham Beer Hall from 5:45 p.m. - 6:45p.m.
During halftime, the Sea Gals and 250 Jr. Sea Gals will perform on the field.
The Seahawks will continue performance based promotions including the following:
- When the Seahawks secure three defensive turnovers, all fans will receive a free haircut from Great Clips.
- When the Seahawks win, all fans receive 50% off any online pizza purchase at Papa Johns.
- If the Seahawks record one defensive sack during the game, all fans win a free Jumbo Jack with any beverage purchase at area Jack-in-the-Box locations.
Additional gameday contests and promotions information can be found at Seahawks Contests and Promotions.
The team has added four all new walk-in Pro Shop retail locations in section 124, Club South West, Club South East and on the Suite Level next to the garage entrance.
Seahawks fans are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to enjoy game day activities and avoid any traffic or parking delays. A transportation guide is available at Seahawks Gameday Guide.
The Seahawks have implemented walk-through metal detectors at all entry gates to increase security and safety measures while expediting entry. As a reminder, fans may carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container into CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Field Event Center (home of Touchdown City) or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12";
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options;
- Fans with medical equipment are encouraged to enter the stadium through the following gates: West, Northeast VIP, Northwest VIP, Southwest VIP, Club Level Garage Entrance and Suite Level Garage Entrance.
The hashtag for Thursday's game is #MINvsSEA. Fans are encouraged to tweet their gameday photos to @12s, an account curated by the Seahawks, using the hashtag #WeAre12. For stadium and traffic updates, follow and direct questions to @CenturyLink_Fld. The customer service staff at The Pro Shop is also ready to address your retail related gameday questions at @SeahawksProShop.
About American Red Cross
The Red Cross responds to approximately 70,000 disasters in the United States every year, ranging from home fires that affect a single family to hurricanes that affect tens of thousands, to earthquakes that impact millions. In these events, the Red Cross provides shelter, food, health and mental health services to help families and entire communities get back on their feet. Although the Red Cross is not a government agency, it is an essential part of the response when disaster strikes. Red Cross works in partnership with other agencies and organizations that provide services to disaster victims. Visit redcross.org for more information.
Founded in 1988, Treehouse is Washington's leading nonprofit organization addressing the essential education and enrichment needs of kids in foster care. Treehouse helps 8,000 kids in foster care each year through programs that help them succeed in school, fulfill key material needs, and provide important childhood experiences every child deserves. Treehouse has set an ambitious goal that foster youth in King County will graduate from high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for their future by 2017. Learn more at TreeHouseForKids.org.
Check out the best fan photos from the final day of training camp held at Virginia Mason Athletic Center.