RENTON, Wash. -The Seattle Seahawks announced today activities for the regular season home opener on Sunday, September 11 vs. the Miami Dolphins. All gates and American Family Insurance Touchdown City, located in the CenturyLink Field Event Center, open at 10 a.m. and kickoff is at 1:05 p.m. The game is presented by CenturyLink.
In remembrance of the 15th anniversary of 9/11, the team has invited representatives from local police, fire, EMT's and military to present a 150' x 300' full-field U.S. Flag. The Joint Service Honor Guard will be led by Staff Sergeant Frank Dunbar, I Corps Honor Guard, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM). Keith Taylor, Battalion Chief with Marysville Fire District, will perform the national anthem. Immediately following, U.S. Air Force 62nd Airlift Wing, JBLM, will conduct a fly-over with a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. Players will wear commemorative 9/11 helmet decals and coaches will wear 9/11 lapel pins.
The team will celebrate Jack Patera, its first head coach, including coaches and players from the "Patera Era" during an on-field halftime ceremony. Patera will be joined on the field by approximately 65 coaches and players representing Seahawks teams from 1976-1982 including team captains Autry Beamon, Don Dufek, Norm Evans, Steve Preece and Ring of Honor members Jacob Green, Dave Krieg, Steve Largent and Jim Zorn.
Volunteers from Camp Fire Snohomish and Junior Partner, Outdoors for All, will be distributing the Seahawks Gameday Magazine for $5 as part of the Spirit of 12 Partners program. All proceeds raised will be matched 100% by the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
Washington's Lottery will host its annual tailgate party from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in the North Plaza for all ticket holders. Seahawks Legend Ricardo Lockette will sign autographs from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Olson Bros Band will perform with sampling provided by Johnsonville Brats. Fans who purchase $10 in Seahawks Scratch tickets will receive $10 in concession dollars and an entry to win Seahawks game tickets or merchandise.
American Family Insurance Touchdown City is free and opens at 10 a.m. Seahawks Legend David Sims will be signing autographs from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the American Family Insurance Legends Experience. Local tribute band, Petty Thief, will play two sets from 11:20 - 11:50 a.m. and 12:20 - 12:50 p.m. Additional activities include:
- Two 13'x 24' high definition/resolution screens for fans to watch other NFL games
- Interactive games and contests
- Photo opportunities
- Airbrush tattoos and hair painting
- Performances by Sea Gals and Blue Thunder
- Sea Gals autograph booth
- Appearance by BOOM, Seahawks mascot
- Opportunity to take images with Taima, team's augur hawk
- The Pro Shop kiosks
- CenturyLink Quarterback Challenge for a chance to win the opportunity to compete for $5,000
- 710 ESPN Seattle pregame show featuring live reports and analysis with host Dori Monson and Seahawks Legends Sam Adkins, Jordan Babineaux, Paul Moyer and Dave Wyman
Local rock band Triple Shotwill perform in the Brougham Beer Hall from 11 - 11:35 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
American Express Section 12 will have a fan area adjacent to the northwest entrance. American Express card members will be able to charge their phones and meet Seahawks Legends.
The Seahawks will continue performance based promotions including the following:
- When the Seahawks secure three defensive turnovers, fans with game tickets will receive a free haircut from participating Seattle-Tacoma area Great Clips. Offer valid within 7 days of game.
- When the Seahawks win, all fans receive 50% off any online pizza purchase at Papa Johns by utilizing the promotion code HAWKSWIN. Valid the day following any Seahawks win.
- If the Seahawks record one defensive sack during the game, all fans win a free Jumbo Jack with any beverage purchase at area Jack-in-the-Box locations simply by mentioning the promotion. Valid one day after the game.
- When the Seahawks score 21 points, fans will receive a free package of original, all natural Oberto Beef Jerky and small Slurpee at area 7-11 stores by showing their game ticket. Offer good seven days after the game.
Additional gameday contests and promotions information can be found at Seahawks Contests and Promotions.
The team has added four new walk-in Pro Shop retail locations in section 124, at the southwest and southeast corners of the Delta Sky360° Club Level and on the Suite Level next to the garage entrance.
Seahawks fans are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to enjoy game day activities and avoid any traffic or parking delays. A transportation guide is available at Seahawks Gameday Guide.
The Seahawks have implemented walk-through metal detectors at all entry gates to increase security and safety measures while expediting entry. As a reminder, fans may carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container into CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Field Event Center (home of Touchdown City) or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12";
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options;
- Fans with medical equipment are encouraged to enter the stadium through the following gates: Northeast VIP, Northwest VIP, Southwest VIP, Club Level Garage Entrance and Suite Level Garage Entrance.
The hashtag for Sunday's game is #MIAvsSEA. Fans are encouraged to tweet their gameday photos to @12s, an account curated by the Seahawks, using the hashtag #WeAre12. Snapchat users can now choose from a special Seahawks Snapchat filter while at CenturyLink Field on gameday. For stadium and traffic updates, follow and direct questions to @CenturyLink_Fld. The customer service staff at The Pro Shop is also ready to address your retail related questions at @SeahawksProShop.
About Camp Fire Snohomish
Since 1930, Camp Fire Snohomish County has provided youth programs in the community. Members include boys and girls three years old through 12th grade. The programs of Camp Fire Snohomish encompass a wide range of youth development activities that include: after school clubs; summer camping programs; outdoor education; programs for low-income youth; self-reliance courses; and special programs for children with developmental disabilities. Visit www.campfiresnoco.org for more information.
About Outdoors for All
Founded in 1979 in the Pacific Northwest, Outdoors for All is a national leader in delivering adaptive and therapeutic recreation for children and adults with disabilities. Each year more than 2,400 individuals exercise their abilities thanks to the training and support of more than 700 volunteers. Outdoors for All's programs includes snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country and downhill skiing, cycling, hiking, river rafting, kayaking, day camps, rock-climbing, camping and custom events. Visit https://outdoorsforall.org/ for more information.