Renton, Wash. – The Seattle Seahawks and American Express announced today a multi-year partnership to bring excitement and value to passionate Seahawks fans – also known as the “12s.” With strong relationships with both Card Members and merchants and a legacy of working with sports partners, American Express will work with the Seahawks and merchants to amplify the fandom around one of the best-supported teams in professional sports. Card Members and fans will be given a range of unique offers, experiences and benefits that are designed to magnify the excitement around the season.
“We have a phenomenal fan base and the 12s have caught the attention of the country with how loud and enthusiastic they are,” said Seahawks President Peter McLoughlin. “We are honored to partner with American Express to create fun and exciting opportunities for our fans to support their team.”
“The 12s are some of the most passionate and loudest football fans in the country,” said Anré Williams, President, Global Merchant Services, American Express. “Working with the Seahawks and Seattle-area merchants, we have a unique opportunity to embrace that fandom and create exciting, new ways for Card Members and Hawk fans to cheer on their favorite team throughout the 2015 season.”
Highlights of the partnership include:
- Section 12 – Free pregame experience for all fans: *Recognizing that the 12s want to come together before Seahawks home games, *American Express will host the ultimate pre-game experience for fans. The first Section 12 experience at Occidental Park, located within walking distance of CenturyLink Field, will take place this upcoming Sunday, September 27 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in advance of the first home game against Chicago. All fans that attend the Section 12 experience will have the chance to purchase a variety of food and beverages provided by local small merchants, take part in fan-friendly activities and more. Entry to the event is free and open to all fans on a first-come, first-served basis.
- *Blue Friday – Giveaways and offers from Seattle merchants: *Embracing the 12s’ tradition of wearing blue Seahawks gear on Fridays, American Express will work with Seattle merchants to give new meaning to this exciting lead-up to game day. American Express will partner with select merchants to provide Seahawks-themed surprises to fans, including autographed Seahawks gear and Friday meet-and-greets with former Seahawks players.
Reinforcing the value of Membership, American Express will provide Card Members with exclusive events and offers, including:
- Section 12 Card Member Club – Exclusive area for pregame activities: Card Members will have special access to enjoy the Section 12 Card Member Club at Occidental Park. Benefits will include complimentary snacks, intimate meet and greets with former Seahawks players and exclusive giveaways.
- *Gridiron Radios - Play-by-play radios distributed at CenturyLink Field: *Knowing that fans want to be as close to the on-the-field action as possible, for the first time, Card Members at CenturyLink Field will be able to hear live play-by-play commentary and game updates from Seahawks radio broadcast, while watching the action in-stadium with the American Express Gridiron Radio earpieces (pictured below). Available to American Express Card Members throughout the football season at all home games, Gridiron radios will be distributed at CenturyLink Field Guest Link locations on a first-come, first-served basis and only available while supplies last.
- *Exclusive Seahawks Cup Holder with Purchase: * American Express ® Card Members who want to show their Seahawks pride can receive an exclusive Seahawks branded cup holder to insulate beverages each time they use their card to purchase an item at the concession stands. Seahawks branded cup holders are available on a first-come, first-served basis, only while supplies last.