The Seahawks used the second of their fifth-round picks in the 2016 draft on Arkansas running back Alex Collins, selected No. 171 overall on Saturday.
After taking part in a conference call with the Seattle-area media, Collins, who has a unique interest in Irish dance, joined Seahawks.com for a light-hearted Q&A that should help 12s get to know the Fort Lauderdale native a little better.
1. Nickname besides 'Mitch Finn,' your Irish-dancing alter ego?
Collins: "My other nickname is Budda. I've had it ever since I was a baby and I got nicknamed Budda because of my size. I was a really big baby. That's where it originated, so all my family kind of started calling me it and it stuck. When I started playing football I was always known as Budda."
2. College major?
Collins: "Criminal Justice."
3. Athlete you idolized growing up?
Collins: "Growing up I used to watch a lot of videos and try to critique my game on NFL players and try to learn from them by watching different highlights just to kind of see what got them there, their favorite moves. That's what I used to do. I used to watch it and try to learn from them to see how I can make myself a better player. I used to watch a number of different backs, like Walter Payton for example, I loved his style of run. And believe it or not, I used to watch Marshawn Lynch."
4. Gameday rituals or superstitions?
Collins: "My gameday ritual and superstition is I have to have a wristband design going on, or something like that. That's what I did in college, I either wore like the same pair of wristbands every game, or kind of like mixed and matched the colors kind of deal. But I always will find one song that will hit me that week and I'll have that song on repeat before the game."
5. Music you're listening to right now?
Collins: "I'm a country music lover, so I'll listen to a little bit of Joe Nichols, Chris Young, that kind of deal."
6. First job?
Collins: "My first job was actually in college. During the summer I worked at a place called the Catfish Hole. It was a little restaurant and I was the greeter at the restaurant."
7. Favorite T.V. Show?
Collins: "I like the Walking Dead and The 100. I'm big on T.V. series now."
8. Favorite video game?
Collins: "I'm an avid video game player. My favorite probably is Call of Duty, but I love FIFA and Madden. Those are my top three."
9. Favorite soccer club?
Collins: "Real Madrid. I'm a Ronaldo fan."
10. Projected Madden rating?
Collins: "I'm OK with my rating being like a 70 or a 69, as long as my acceleration and agility was on 99, I'm OK with it."
11. Better trilogy: Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?
Collins: "Lord of the Rings."
12. Better comedian: Kevin Hart, Chris Rock, or Dave Chapelle?
Collins: "Kevin Hart."
13. Dog person or cat person?
Collins: "Dog person, definitely. I have two dogs, German Shepherds. Scrappy and Chaos."
14. Kobe or LeBron?
15. Batman or Superman?
16. Michael Jordan or Crying Jordan?
Collins: "[Laughter]. Michael Jordan."
The Seahawks use their compensatory fifth round pick to select Alex Collins, a running back from Arkansas 171th overall in the 2016 NFL Draft.
17. The first thing you'll buy as an NFL player is…?
Collins: "Transportation. An A and B car, to get me from place to place."
18. Seahawks player or coach you're looking forward to meeting most is…?
Collins: "I'm looking forward to meeting the players. I'm trying to get up under somebody's wings, somebody that can bring me along, catch me up. I want to learn, so I want to meet all the veterans and get a feel for them."
19. You're stranded on a desert island, the three things you want with you are…?
Collins: "Water, a First Aid kit, and a flashlight."
20. If you had to be reincarnated as an animal, it would be…?
Collins: "A lion."
21. If a Seahawks fan were to come to your hometown, the first place you'd take them would be…?
Collins: "The beach."
22. City or country you'd like to visit is…?
23. The best advice you've ever received is…?
Collins: "To stay humble and hungry."
24. Aside from the NFL, your dream job would be…?
Collins: "Professional Irish dancer."
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know OL Germain Ifedi
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know DT Jarran Reed
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know RB C.J. Prosise
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know TE Nick Vannett
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know OG Rees Odhiambo
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know DT Quinton Jefferson
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know C Joey Hunt
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know WR Kenny Lawler
- 24 Questions To Help You Get To Know RB Zac Brooks