Seattle Seahawks Summer Reading Program Official Rules
Summer Reading Program Official Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
Promotion void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and have a child participating in the Seahawks Summer Reading Program (the "Program").
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("Sponsor"), the National Football League and its member clubs, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and "step" child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion starts at 12:01am Pacific Time (PT) on June 5, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm PT on August 31, 2023 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's or its designee's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: To enter, (i) encourage your child to read 20 minutes per day during the Promotion Period and (ii) visit www.seahawks.com/summerreadingprogram during the Promotion Period to log the number of minutes your child has read. As the parent or guardian, you can log the number of minutes your child has read as many times as you want during the Promotion Period, but you are only eligible to enter the Promotion one (1) time for each child participating in the Program. Upon completion of these steps, you will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion for each child participating in the Program. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
If participating in this Promotion via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All entries must be submitted by the individual parent or guardian. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor's discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. An "authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: On or about September 1, 2023, Sponsor will select the names of five (5) to thirty-five (35) potential winners of the prizes (depending on the number of minutes logged by all Program participants; see prize details in Section 6 below) in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. The odds of winning depend on the number of minutes logged by all Program participants and number of eligible entries received.
On or about September 1, 2023, Sponsor will also tabulate the results of the times logged during the Promotion Period for each Program participant. The Program participant with the highest number of logged minutes during the Promotion Period will be deemed the potential winner of the Grand Prize (see prize details in Section 6 below). If Sponsor determines that two (2) or more Program participants have the same highest number of logged minutes, then Sponsor will conduct a randomized drawing of such entrants to select the name of one (1) potential winner of the Grand Prize, subject to these Official Rules.
Each potential winner will be notified via email on or about September 1, 2023. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, as specified by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or the potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of being notified by Sponsor; (ii) any required documents are not returned as specified by Sponsor, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the remaining prizes will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: During the Promotion Period, Sponsor will add prizes to the prize pool as minutes are logged by Program participants. There will be five (5) Seahawks fan packs in the prize pool at the start of the Promotion Period. Additional prizes will be added to the prize pool as minutes are logged by Program participants. For example, if Program participants collectively log between 25,000 and 49,999 minutes during the Promotion Period, Sponsor will add another five (5) Seahawks fan packs to the prize pool. Depending on the number of collective minutes logged by all Program participants, five (5) to thirty-five (35) winners will be selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period, as outlined in the below table. The total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of these potential prizes is $2,575.
One (1) Grand Prize winner (who will be selected as outlined in Section 5 above) will receive one (1) visit by Seattle Seahawks' mascot (Blitz) and a custom Seahawks jersey or a comparable Seahawks Prize Pack, subject to Winner's location and Sponsor's sole discretion. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $600.
The total ARV of all potential prizes is $3,175.
NUMBER OF MINUTES LOGGED BY ALL PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS, PRIZE(S) ADDED TO PRIZE POOL, ARV OF PRIZES
- 0 – 24,999, Five (5) Seahawks Fan Packs, $50 each / $250 total
- 25,000 – 49,999, Five (5) Seahawks Fan Packs, $50 each / $250 total
- 50,000 – 74,999, Five (5) Seahawks Fan Packs, $50 each / $250 total
- 75,000 – 99,999, Five (5) Seahawks Fan Packs, $50 each / $250 total
- 100,000 – 124,999, Five (5) Seahawks Fan Packs, $50 each / $250 total
- 125,000 – 149,999, Five (5) 12 Flags, $25 each / $125 total
- 150,000 – 174,999, One (1) $50 Pro Shop Gift Card, $50 each / $50 total
- 175,000 – 199,999, One (1) $50 Pro Shop Gift Card, $50 each / $50 total
- 200,000 – 224,999, One (1) Autographed Mini Helmet, $100 each / $100 total
- 225,000 – 249,999, One (1) Autographed Football, $250 each / $250 total
- 250,000 – 274,999, One (1) Autographed Jersey, $750 each / $750 total
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion.
Except for applicable manufacturer's standard warranties, the prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties' reasonable control; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES' GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Promotion.
11 Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after September 1, 2023 and before September 1, 2024 to the address listed in Section 15 below, Attn: '23 Summer Reading Program Promotion. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://www.seahawks.com/community/youth/summer-reading-program/official-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 15 below, Attn: Summer Reading Program Promotion. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: All Seahawks-related trademarks are trademarks of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("FNW"). The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by FNW. All rights reserved.
13. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Promotion. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms "include" or "including" in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
15. Sponsor: Football Northwest LLC, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056.