The Seattle Seahawks hit the practice field before taking off to Green Bay for their regular season road opener against the Packers. Head coach Pete Carroll shared the following injury updates following practice:
- Running back Thomas Rawls (high-ankle sprain) worked out well on Friday, but his status for the game will go up until gameday, according to Carroll. "He worked out well again today," Carroll said. "That (decision) will go all the way up to gameday."
- Defensive tackle Jarran Reed had a sore shoulder after practice earlier this week and was listed as questionable for the game. Carroll said Reed feels fine and will be good to against the Packers. "He's ready to play," Carroll said.
- Richard Sherman (thigh) also popped up on the injury report this week, but much like Reed, he should be fine for Sunday.
- Wide receiver Tyler Lockett is a go for the regular season opener, per Carroll. "Really excited about that," Carroll said regarding his team getting Lockett back. "He's had great preparation, I'm excited for him. He's such a spark for us so we'll be able to get him involved in all phases."
* Carroll noted Lockett could've played in the team's final preseason game, but the team elected to hold him out as a precaution. He's confident Lockett has already overcome the mental hurdle of the injury as he makes his much anticipated return to the field. "He really looks great, so we're really excited to add him in," Carroll added. "We love the way he plays, the things that he brings on special teams and all that. He's ready to go."
* Frank Clark (wrists) is listed as questionable for the game, but Carroll said the defensive end should be ready to play. * Safety Delano Hill (shoulder), meanwhile, looks to be a gameday decision, Carroll said.
Here is the official Friday practice report for the Seahawks. The Packers did not practice today but did update the game status of two players.
LB Michael Whilhoite (Calf)
S Delano Hill (Shoulder)
WR Tyler Lockett (Knee)
RB Thomas Rawls (Ankle)
DE Frank Clark (Wrist)
CB Richard Sherman (Thigh)
DT Jarran Reed (Shoulder)
DT Montravius Adams (Foot)
RT Bryan Bulaga (Ankle)
Take a look at the Green Bay Packers players you can expect to see when the Seattle Seahawks take the field in Week 1 at Lambeau Field.