SEATTLE — The Seahawks are off to a strong start in their first home preseason game of the 2017 season. Leading 14-6 against the Minnesota Vikings, here are some notes from the first half:
- As expected, the Seahawks' first group of offensive linemen tonight, from left to right, were the following: George Fant, Luke Joeckel, Justin Britt, Mark Glowinski and Germain Ifedi. This group played Seattle's first two drives before Oday Aboushi subbed in for Glowinski.
- Kasen Williams has been an absolute stud thus far. On Seattle's first drive, he started in relief of Paul Richardson in their 3-WR set with Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse. Williams made an incredible 27-yard, one-handed catch over Minnesota Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes before capping the drive with a leaping 1-yard touchdown. Even better: after Blair Walsh connected on the extra point, Williams made a clean tackle on the ensuing kickoff. He continues to make a strong case for a spot on the 53-man roster.
- Seahawks running back Eddie Lacy started the game at running back and had a nice 9-yard run on Seattle's first drive where he showed power and his signature spin-move. With Thomas Rawls sidelined by what Seattle head coach Pete Carroll has called a minor ankle sprain, Lacy has been sharing the rock with rookie Chris Cason so far.
- For the second game in a row, the Seahawks defense couldn't make a stop and allowed points on their first possession. Last weekend it was a touchdown, this week it was a field goal. The Vikings' first drive went 76 yards in 10 plays.
- In his first preseason action, Doug Baldwin continued where he left off last season. Baldwin recorded catches of 11, 5, 16 and 37 yards in the first quarter alone, totaling 69 yards. Baldwin has been getting open with ease.
- Fant exited the game in the second quarter with a knee injury. Rees Odhiambo replaced him at left tackle on that drive. After being carted off the field, Fant was ruled out for the remainder of the game along with tight end Marcus Lucas (ankle) and receiver Amara Darboh, who is being evaluated for a concussion.
Just before the two-minute warning, third-year running back Mike Davis took a screen pass from quarterback Russell Wilson 22 yards for a touchdown.
- Wilson played the entire first half and completed 13-of-18 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns. He was sacked only once.
Pregame photos from the Seahawks' second preseason game of 2017 on Friday, August 18 at Seattle's CenturyLink Field.