OK 12s, forget everything you learned about attending Super Bowl week in New York, or Detroit, for that matter. Super Bowl XLIX is a whole new ballgame.
A year ago Seahawks Nation was forewarned to dress for winter, take public transportation and if you see gum on the street, leave it there; it isn't free candy.
While the latter remains true, your visit to the Valley of the Sun varies greatly from the Big Apple experience. Let us count the ways:
- What are common temperatures for the Phoenix area in early February? The average high temperature is 70.7F, with the average nighttime low 44.7F.
- Is the stadium covered? The plan is for the roof to be open on gameday. Arizona has over 300 days of sunshine, but University of Phoenix Stadium is known to be chilly. Don't come unprepared – bring a jacket!
Getting to the Game
- Best way reach University of Phoenix Stadium? Drive.
- What's the stadium parking situation?You will need a permit, which can be purchased at superbowl.clickandpark.com.*Only ticketholders are allowed in stadium lots. *The Grey Lot is designated for ADA.
- Where will taxis pick-up/drop-off? On95th, just north of Maryland Ave. (across street from North Preferred lot)
- Where can I be dropped off if my ride doesn't have a ticket or parking permit? Utilize the public parkinglots on Northern Avenue
At the Stadium
- What's local kickoff time for Super Bowl XLIX? 4:25 PM
- When do gates open? 12 noonand you're advised to arrive early to avoid delays
- What activities are available before and after the game? *Upon exiting the Stadium Entry Plazas, all Super Bowl XLIX ticketholders are invited to visitGameDay Fan Plaza*. It will feature a Vince Lombardi Trophy photo op, marching bands, the Super Bowl Gospel Choir, other live musical talent on multiple stages, postcard-to-home stations, participatory games, concessions and more!
- Do I need a ticket to be near the stadium on Super Sunday?*Yes. *Tickets are required to enter the security perimeter around University of Phoenix Stadium
- Does my infant or child need a ticket to attend the Super Bowl?Yes.Children of all ages must have a ticket.
- What about tailgating? Fans with parking permits maybring their own food and beveragesinto the lot, however grills and occupying additional parking spots with structures, tents or chairs will not be permitted.
- *May I bring outside food or beverages into the stadium? *Only food and beverage purchased at GameDay Fan Plaza, NFL Tailgate Party or NFL On Location will be allowed inside.No outside food and beverage will be permitted.
- What items are prohibited from the stadium? See the complete list here.
- Is there Wi-Fi at the stadium?Yes.
- How can I find important alerts regarding the game? *Visit NFL.com/SBApp to download theSuper Bowl Stadium App Presented by Verizon, *follow @SuperBowland@AZSuperBowl** on Twitter.