RENTON, Wash. – The Seattle Seahawks announced today special activities for the team's annual NFL Inspire Change game. Inspire Change is the NFL's social justice initiative dedicated to showcasing the collaborative efforts of clubs across the league to create positive change in communities across the country and ensure that equal opportunity becomes a reality for all. The Seahawks' official Inspire Change game will be Thursday, Dec. 15 vs. the San Francisco 49ers, with kickoff at 5:15 p.m. PT on Prime Video.
"The Seahawks are proud to shine a light on people and organizations who are directly creating positive change, breaking barriers and addressing inequities in the communities we serve," said Karen Wilkins-Mickey, Seahawks Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. "We continue to prioritize efforts to combat racism through education and awareness, and initiatives like Inspire Change show our fans how we can come together to foster more inclusive and equitable culture for all."
- The team will recognize its inaugural 2022 Inspire Change Changemaker Award recipient, T'wina Nobles, the CEO and founding co-architect of the Black Future Co-op Fund. The NFL's newly established award recognizes individuals who are making a difference in their communities through social justice work. Nobles will be recognized on the field during the game and will receive a $10,000 grant courtesy of the NFL Foundation.
- Pregame on the field, Seahawks players will present a $250,000 donation from the Seahawks Players Equality & Justice for All Action Fund to seven local organizations that are working to create lasting change and build a more compassionate and inclusive society. Since 2017, the players fund has donated over $1.58 million. The 2022 donation recipients include:
- Family First Community Center
- Black-Led Joy and Wellness Fund
- Black Star Line
- Computing for All
- Emergency Feeding Program
- Open Doors for Multicultural Families
- STAND for children
- The Northwest African American Museum Choir will sing the Black National Anthem. Legendary local rapper Sir Mix-A-Lot will perform at halftime.
- Pregame in Touchdown City, fans will be able to shop at the Intentionalist Marketplace, featuring products from local minority-owned businesses. Participating businesses include: Queen Care, Hot Chocolat, Sairen, Macadons and City Sweats.
- Throughout December, the Seahawks Pro Shop will donate 12% of sales from New Era Inspire Change beanies and hats to Choose 180.
- Choose 180 and Youth Achievement Center will be the team's featured Spirit of 12 Partners selling the game's 50/50 raffle tickets.
- Proceeds from the Seahawks Gameday Poster for the Dec. 15 game will benefit the Black Future Co-Op Fund. Visit seahawks.com/gamedayposters for more.
- Special Inspire Change moments will happen throughout the game, presented by Delta Air Lines.
Social Justice efforts are a year-round focus for the Seahawks. Members of the Seahawks front office staff along with Seahawks Legends recently completed a Black Learning Tour trip to the southern United States with community partners Choose 180 & Sankofa Impact. The group explored five states and 26 historical locations over an eight-day period. A documentary of the trip will be released in February 2023 for Black History Month. This will be the team's fourth social justice documentary. The NFL also recently awarded Choose 180 with an Inspire Change Grant in recognition of their important social justice work. Choose 180 serves as an emergency resource for young people in crisis and offers them support and restorative education options in lieu of traditional prosecution.
Earlier this year, the Seahawks also launched a new video series titled “Talking Shop with Seahawks Legends" featuring Seahawks Legends discussing important topics such as allyship and accountability.
Throughout the season, Seahawks players have joined players across the league in wearing social justice helmet decals featuring one of seven messages – Choose Love, End Racism, Stop Hate, It Takes All of Us, Black Lives Matter, Inspire Change, Say Their Stories. Fans will also see Inspire Change goal post wraps and field stencils on display during Thursday's game.
For more information, visit seahawks.com/socialjustice.