RENTON, Wash. – In close collaboration with state and local public health and government officials, the Seattle Seahawks and Lumen Field announced today that all guests age 12 and older will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours prior to kickoff to attend Seahawks games at Lumen Field. The Seahawks will begin enforcing the new policy starting with the team's home opener on September 19 vs. the Tennessee Titans. In accordance with current Washington state and King County mask mandates, fans and staff will also be required to wear masks at all times except while actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
"The health and safety of our guests, players and staff is always our top priority and we remain committed to doing what we can to keep our community safe," said Chuck Arnold, President, Seattle Seahawks and First & Goal Inc. "These measures will allow us to continue with plans to host a full stadium of fans, while still providing a safe and fun experience for our guests. We urge everyone who is eligible to please get vaccinated."
To verify COVID-19 vaccination, guests age 12 and older will be required to display one of the following before entry into the stadium:
- An official CDC-issued (or foreign country equivalent) vaccination card with your name and dates of doses, including the date the last dose was administered printed on the card.
- A photo or digital version of an official CDC-issued (or foreign country equivalent) vaccination card with your name and dates of doses, including the date the last dose was administered printed on the card.
- Fans can also upload their proof of vaccination to CLEAR Health Pass in the CLEAR app for verification. Visit clearme.com/healthpass for instructions.
Guests must be fully vaccinated for entry which is defined as a minimum of two weeks following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or a minimum of two weeks following the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Those who have only received one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or are not yet beyond the two week fully vaccinated window must provide a negative COVID-19 test result for entry.
For unvaccinated guests age 12 and older, including those with approved medical or religious exemptions, the following will be accepted as proof of negative COVID-19 test:
- A printed COVID-19 negative test taken within 72 hours prior to kickoff that includes your name, the date of the test and the lab location where the test was taken.
- A digital version or photo of the negative test result will also be accepted.
- Acceptable tests include PCR and rapid tests. At-home, self-administered tests will not be accepted.
- Guests under the age of 12 will not be required to provide a negative test result.
Until further notice, these requirements will also apply to all future events at Lumen Field, the Lumen Field Event Center and WAMU Theater starting September 19 unless required earlier by third-party event promoters. All Lumen Field event staff will also be required to prove vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test result to work onsite.
To find locations to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the vaccine locator tool on the Washington Department of Health website, found here. Guests who were vaccinated in Washington and need to retrieve their COVID-19 vaccination records can visit the Washington Department of Health website and follow instructions for retrieving COVID-19 vaccination verification information.