A recap of the latest news and notes from around the NFC West division following Week 11's slate of NFL action:
What Happened:The Cardinals fell to the Houston Texans, 31-21, to drop to 4-6 on the season.
- Former University of Washington Husky Budda Baker made the most of his first start for Arizona, with the rookie safety recording 13 tackles, a sack, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, a tackle for loss and a pass breakup after taking over a full-time role following a season-ending injury to Tyvon Branch.
- Arizona released veteran running back Andre Ellington Monday.
- Quarterback Blaine Gabbert is expected to make his second consecutive start in Week 12, but changes could be coming to the receiver spot.
What's Next:The Cardinals begin a stretch that will see them play three games in a row at home, starting on Sunday with a matchup against the AFC South-leading Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3).
Los Angeles Rams
What Happened:The Rams were defeated 24-7 by the Minnesota Vikings to fall to 7-3, but following Seattle's loss to the Falcons, Los Angeles maintains its lead over the Seahawks (6-4) in the NFC West standings.
- Robert Woods, the Rams' most productive receiver so far this season, will be sidelined for at least "a couple weeks" after injuring his shoulder this past weekend.
- TheRams.com's Myles Simmons shares five takeaways from the club's loss on Sunday.
- Kristen Lago at TheRams.com offers seven stats to know from the Rams' defeat in Minnesota.
What's Next: The Rams ready for a game against the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints (8-2), who head to southern California this weekend.
San Francisco 49ers
What Happened:The 49ers were spectators in Week 11 as the club enjoyed its late bye week.
- Defensive end DeForest Buckner, who trained in Hawaii with fellow defensive end Michael Bennett this past summer, chats with 49ers.com about his island roots.
- Keiana Martin at 49ers.com offers an early-week team comparison between San Francisco and Seattle.
What's Next:After a week of rest, San Francisco welcomes Seattle to the Bay Area for a Week 12 matchup at Santa Clara's Levi's Stadium.
The Seahawks fall short 34-31 against the Falcons in Week 11 at CenturyLink Field.