Here's a recap of the latest news surrounding the Seahawks' division rivals in the NFC West:
49ers Make Change At QB
A fourth consecutive loss for the 49ers had head coach Chip Kelly considering changes across his entire roster, and on Tuesday, the team announced that Colin Kaepernick will start the team’s Week 6 game against the Buffalo Bills at quarterback in place of Blaine Gabbert.
"We're going to make a move at quarterback, and we're going to start Colin this week," Kelly said. "(We're) going to give him an opportunity to run with the ones. I believe you've got to do it at the beginning of the week just because of how reps are distributed."
- The story of lifelong 49er Jesse Sapolu, who overcame obstacles on his way to becoming one of the best linemen in team history.
- Senior Manager of Digital Content Taylor Price went one-on-one in “Niners Talk” with 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton while playing Connect-4.
- Here's a cool photo gallery of players showing support for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Worth A Look
This tweet from the University of Kansas football team, who congratulated cornerback JaCorey Shepherd on his two-year deal with the 49ers.
Cardinals Shuffle Offensive Line
The Cardinals will be making changes to their offensive line after guards Evan Mathis and Mike Iupati left the win against the 49ers with ankle injuries. Mathis has been placed on injured reserve, and Iupati could potentially miss a portion of time. With both players out, the Cardinals will turn to Earl Watford and John Wetzel and "see where it goes," according to head coach Bruce Arians.
- Quarterback Carson Palmer, who missed the game against San Francisco, remains in the concussion protocol.
- Paul Calvisi of azcardinals.com on how Arians and the Cardinals are preparing to face former defensive coordinator Todd Bowles next Monday.
- NFL legend Emmitt Smith sat down with Roy Green to discuss his stint with the Cardinals, including how he was recruited to Arizona in the first place.
Worth A Look
This tweet from safety Tyrann Mathieu, who took a photo after the game against the 49ers with fellow LSU alums:
Rams' Trumaine Johnson Undergoing Tests
At the end of the Rams' 30-19 loss to the Bills, cornerback Trumaine Johnson sustained a lower leg injury and had to be carted to the locker room. Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said Johnson is still undergoing tests to determine the severity of his injury.
- Rams reporter Dani Klupenger went one-on-one with rapper Problem after his live performance at Sunday's game.
- Actor Danny Trejo presented Pilar Pinel, the founder of ELLAS, with the Los Angeles Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award.
- And CBS' "Life in Pieces" taped an episode at a Rams home game. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at how it was filmed.
Worth A Look
This tweet from Rams legend Kurt Warner, who is celebrating 19 years of marriage with his wife, Brenda, today.