Good afternoon, 12s.
Here's a look at what's "out there" for today — Monday, March 5 — about your Seattle Seahawks:
How Local Washington Prospects Performed At The NFL Combine
Over 300 prospects worked out in front of football executives, scouts and coaches at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, Ind. this past weekend, including a slate of local prospects from the state of Washington. Here's a recap at how players from the University of Washington and Washington State University performed in Indy:
DT Vita Vea
- The former Husky defensive lineman had arguably the best performance among all local prospects. Despite leaving the event early because of a hamstring injury, Vea posted a 5.10 time in the 40-yard dash and put up a whopping 41 reps in the bench press, second among defensive linemen.
LB Keishawn Bierria
- Bierria recorded a respectable time in the 40 at 4.79 seconds and hit 21 reps (225 pounds) in the bench press.
RB Lavon Coleman
- Coleman impressed in his bench workout, recording the fourth-best number among running backs at the combine with 23 reps. His best time in the 40-yard dash was 4.65 seconds.
TE Will Dissly
- Dissly ran a 4.87 40-yard dash, which ranked 12th among tight ends. He also recorded the fifth-best time in the 60-yard shuttle at 12.12 seconds and put up 15 reps in the bench press.
WR Dante Pettis
- Healing from an ankle injury he sustained in the Apple Cup, Pettis did not participate in any drills at the combine.
C Coleman Shelton
- Shelton was clocked at 5.21 seconds in the 40 and will participate in the bench press at UW's Pro Day on March 10.
LB Azeem Victor
- Victor recorded a 4.72 time in the 40-yard dash and recorded 19 reps in the bench press.
Washington State Cougars
QB Luke Falk
- In addition to participating in throwing drills, the former Pac-12 star Falk recorded a 26.5 inch vertical and 103.0 inch broad jump at the combine.
OT Cole Madison
- Madison put up 26 reps in the bench press and recorded a decent 40-yard dash at 5.33 (tied for 21st among offensive linemen).* *
WR Tavares Martin
- Martin recorded a 4.80 time in the 40-yard dash and a 31.5 inch vertical jump.
DT Hercules Mata'afa
- Mata'afa was clocked at 4.76 seconds in the 40-yard dash and recorded a vertical jump of 31.5 inches and a broad jump of 108 inches. In the three-cone drill, he was timed at 7.24 seconds.
Social Post Of The Day
Today's "Social Post of the Day" comes from the Seahawks Pro Shop, who is currently having a 60 percent off spring clearance sale:
More From Around The Web
A Paul-Allen-led expedition discovered wreckage from USS Lexington, one of the first U.S. aircraft carriers ever built.
Six takeaways from John Schneider's press conference with the media on Friday in Indy.
Here's an update on the biggest offseason topics for each NFC West team.
College players from schools in Washington state take part in the 2018 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.