New Seahawks Tickets Just Released!

Now's your chance to join the 12s at Lumen Field.

Looking At The Snap Counts From The Seahawks' Divisional Round Loss at Atlanta

A look at who played and how much they played in Seattle's Divisional Round playoff loss at Atlanta.

Curious who plays in each game and how much they play, as well as what the distribution of playing time might mean? Throughout the season, we have posted the snap counts for the Seahawks after each game and taken a look at what stood out. Here's what the numbers looked like in Seattle's final game of the 2016 season, a Divisional Round loss at Atlanta.

divisional_round_snap_counts.png

Offense

  • Four of five offensive linemen as well as Russell Wilson played all 55 offensive snaps, while the Seahawks were forced to make a change at right guard because of injury. Starter Germain Ifedi played only 22 percent of the snaps, the result of an ankle injury sustained in the first quarter. He briefly returned to the game in the first half but was unable to finish the game. Rees Odhiambo took over at that spot, playing the other 78 percent of the snaps.
  • Receiver Doug Baldwin led the way at receiver, playing 91 percent of the snaps, while Jermaine Kearse played 85 percent, Paul Richardson played 69 percent, catching four passes for 83 yards, his second big performance in as many postseason games, and Tanner McEvoy played 18 percent.
  • Tight end Jimmy Graham played 75 percent of the snaps, while Luke Willson played 49 percent, briefly leaving the game to be evaluated for a concussion before being cleared to return. Brandon Williams, who left the game with a concussion, played only one snap on offense.
  • Thomas Rawls led running backs with 56-percent playing time, followed by Alex Collins at 31 percent and J.D. McKissic at 7 percent. Fullback Marcel Reece played 16 percent of the snaps.

Defense

  • Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner played all 72 defensive snaps, while Richard Sherman and Steven Terrell were each off the field for only one play. DeShawn Shead, usually an every-down player, left the game with a knee injury, limiting him to 44-percent playing time.
  • With Shead sidelined, Jeremy Lane (74 percent) took over at right cornerback, moving inside when the Seahawks were in nickel, with rookie DeAndre Elliott coming on as Seattle's third corner. Elliott played 24 percent of the snaps, his most significant playing time on defense this season, while cornerback Neiko Thorpe played 10 percent of the snaps.
  • Strongside linebacker Mike Morgan played 47 percent of the snaps, indicating that the Seahawks played a pretty even mix of base and nickel defense.
  • Michael Bennett led the defensive line rotation with 89 percent playing time, followed by Cliff Avril (75 percent), Ahtyba Rubin (74 percent), Jarran Reed (64 percent), Frank Clark (44 percent), Cassius Marsh (32 percent) and Tony McDaniel (24 percent).

Special Teams

  • Cassius Marsh, Kelcie McCray and Brock Coyle all played 86 percent of the special teams snaps. Next was Kevin Pierre-Louis at 66 percent, followed by Neiko Thorpe and Dewey McDonald at 62 percent. Brandon Williams, usually a team leader in special teams playing time, was on the field for just four special teams snaps before leaving with an injury.

Action photos from the Seahawks Divisional playoff game vs the Falcons at the Georgia Dome.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.
Advertising