The Seahawks welcomed Seattle native NBA star Jamal Crawford for the raising of the 12 Flag prior to the team's Week 3 win over the San Francisco 49ers, and the Rainier Beach product and current member of the Los Angeles Clippers described it as an "unbelievable" experience.
"Obviously, being from Seattle you see so many guys do it," Crawford said. "To get the opportunity, I'm completely honored."
Crawford, 36, led his high school to a state championship in 1998 and two years later was a first-round pick in the NBA draft, going to the Cleveland Cavaliers at No. 8 overall. A three-time winner of the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year award (2010, 2014, 2016), Crawford has played for six different teams since entering the league. His career has taken him all across the nation, but he has always found time to return home to the Pacific Northwest, hosting a Pro Am league in the area and even supporting Seahawks players like Richard Sherman at community events.
"This is huge," Crawford said of being honored by his hometown at CenturyLink Field. "This is one of the pinnacles of the city. Every athlete that comes through the city strives to be in this position. I just want to take advantage and support all of my community."
Crawford said Sunday's ceremony ranked "definitely at the top" of his list of sporting achievements.
"They don't just get anybody to do this," he said. "So you understand that there's something to this, something special about it, being up here seeing this. This is something I'll remember for the rest of my life."
- Russell Wilson Doing "Exceedingly Well" After Spraining Knee
- By The Numbers: Jimmy Graham, Christine Michael Shine vs 49ers
- Snap Counts: Seahawks vs 49ers
- Media React To Seahawks Win vs 49ers
- Christine Michael Continues "Really Good Story" With 2 TDs vs 49ers
- Seahawks "Played A Fantastic Game Of Defense," But "That's Not The Way They Want To Finish"
- Seahawks Offense "Executed At A High Level" vs 49ers
- Rapid Reaction: Seahawks 37, 49ers 18
- Seahawks vs 49ers Highlights
Seattle native NBA star Jamal Crawford raises the 12 Flag before the Seahawks' Week 3 win over the 49ers at CenturyLink Field.