Seattle Seahawks Football Fortune Official Rules
Seahawks Football Fortune Official Rules
SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL FORTUNE CONTEST (Week 16) PRESENTED BY THE SEAHAWKS PRO SHOP
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this free to play contest that corresponds to various, real-world events (the "Contest"). By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("Sponsor"), the National Football League ("NFL") and its member clubs, Tally Technology Group Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and "step" child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Contest Period: The Contest starts at 10:00am Pacific Time (PT) on December 20, 2022 and ends at 9:30am PT on December 24, 2022 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's computer (or its designee's) is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, visit (i) https://fortune.seahawks.com on a web browser (via mobile phone, desktop, tablet, etc.), or (ii) download the free Seattle Seahawks mobile phone app, tap "MORE" and then tap "Football Fortune." Thereafter, follow the instructions to enter the Contest, including (i) entering your personal information, and (ii) answering all fourteen (14) questions presented to predict outcomes related to the December 24, 2022 Seattle Seahawks vs. Kansas City Chiefs game (the "Game"). Upon completion of these steps, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest as outlined below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during Contest Period. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Contest Question Details: Below is information regarding some of the questions required to be answered to enter the Contest:
a. all references to the "Game" refer to that certain NFL football game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Kansas City Chiefs scheduled to be played on December 24, 2022 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO;
b. all Contest questions relate to the Game (as defined above); and
c. the NFL's official stats shall govern the correct answers to the questions.
5. Identity of Entrant: All entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor's discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. An "authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
6. Selection and Notification of Winner: On or around December 27, 2022, Sponsor (or its designee) will tabulate the results of the questions answered in connection with the Contest to determine whether any entrants answered all fourteen (14) questions correctly. If Sponsor determines that that only one (1) entrant answered all fourteen (14) questions correctly, such entrant will be deemed a potential winner of the Grand Prize, subject to these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines that two (2) or more entrants answered all fourteen (14) questions correctly, then Sponsor will conduct a randomized drawing of such entrants to select the name of one (1) potential winner of the Grand Prize, subject to these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines that no entrant answered all fourteen (14) questions correctly, no entrant will be eligible for the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
Entrants who answer all fourteen (14) questions, but who do not answer all fourteen (14) questions correctly, will be ranked on a leaderboard based on the number of points awarded and earned correct answers to each question presented as part of the Contest. Contestants are awarded points for correct predictions, and the number of points awarded will depend on the number of contestants who also correctly predicted the outcome (e.g., more points awarded for a correct prediction that fewer contestants predicted). No points will be awarded for incorrect predictions. Additional points may be awarded for other actions or predictions that are part of the Contest as determined by Sponsor from time to time during the Contest Period ("Bonus Points"). For example, Bonus Points may be awarded for participating in a user survey or poll. Bonus Points will be a fixed number of points and will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to add or change how points can be earned and such changes or additions will not materially change the overall manner in which the Contest is operated or the processes for determining the winners of any Contest.
Sponsor (or its designee) will determine the leaderboard rankings by tabulating the results and corresponding point values of the questions answered in connection with the Contest. The fifteen (15) highest scoring entrants (by number of points awarded) will be selected as the potential winners of the Secondary Prizes outlined in Section 7 below, subject to these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines that two (2) or more entrants have tied for any given leaderboard ranking, then Sponsor will conduct a randomized drawing of such entrants to select the name of one (1) potential winner of the corresponding Secondary Prize (with the remaining entrant(s) filling in the next highest leaderboard ranking(s) and being named the potential winner(s) of the corresponding Secondary Prize(s) until no leaderboard positions remain).
The odds of winning either the Grand Prize or any Secondary Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Each potential winner will be notified via email on or around December 29, 2022. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, as specified by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or the potential winner does not respond within 72 hours of being notified by Sponsor; or (ii) any required documents are not returned as specified by Sponsor, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. One (1) alternate potential winner will be selected for each prize (the alternate being the next highest scoring entrant on the leaderboard subject to the terms and conditions of these Rules), after which the remaining prizes will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than are available under these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
7. Prizes: There is a potential of one (1) winner for the following prize as outlined in Section 6 above:
· One (1) Grand Prize: Fifty thousand U.S. dollars ($50,000 USD)
There will be fifteen (15) secondary prizes ("Secondary Prizes") awarded to the top scoring entrants as outlined in Section 6 above. The Secondary Prizes will be awarded as follows:
Leaderboard Rank #1 | Prize: One (1) Poona Ford Autographed Mini Helmet | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $150
Leaderboard Rank #2 | Prize: One (1) Seattle Seahawks Custom Jersey | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $150
Leaderboard Rank #3 | Prize: One (1) Seahawks Blanket | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $28
Leaderboard Rank #4 | Prize: One (1) Seahawks Blanket | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $28
Leaderboard Rank #5 | Prize: One (1) Seahawks Blanket | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $28
Leaderboard Rank #6 | Prize: Madden NFL '23 Codes | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $100
Leaderboard Rank #7 | Prize: Madden NFL '23 Codes | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $100
Leaderboard Rank #8 | Prize: Madden NFL '23 Codes Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $100
Leaderboard Rank #9 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #10 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #11 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #12 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #13 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #14 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Leaderboard Rank #15 | Prize: One (1) $12 Starbucks Gift Card | Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Prize: $12
Total ARV of all potential prizes: $50,768.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
Except for applicable manufacturer's standard warranties, the prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. Disclaimer: Sponsor, the NFL, Tally Technology Group Inc., and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties' reasonable control; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
9. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CPMTEST OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES' GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
10. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
12. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after the end of the Contest Period and no later than one (1) year following the end of the Contest Period to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: Legal/Week 16 Football Fortune Contest. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://www.seahawks.com/football-fortune/official-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: Legal/Week 16 Football Fortune Contest.
13. Intellectual Property Notice: All Seahawks-related trademarks are trademarks of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("FNW"). The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2022 by FNW. All rights reserved.
14. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
15. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms "include" or "including" in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
16. Sponsor: Football Northwest LLC, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056.