Seattle Seahawks Football Fortune Official Rules
Seahawks Football Fortune Official Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion").
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
This Promotion is void where prohibited by law and otherwise subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("Sponsor"), the National Football League ("NFL") and its member clubs, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, successors, assignees, employees, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and "step" child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion starts at 3:00pm Pacific Time (PT) on April 23, 2021 and ends on the earlier of (a) 3:30pm PT on April 29, 2021, or (b) such time twenty-five thousand (25,000) valid entries are submitted for the Promotion in accordance with Section 3 below (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's or its designee's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: To enter, during the Promotion Period visit (i) https://www.seahawks.com/football-fortune/ on a web browser (via mobile phone, desktop, tablet, etc.), or (ii) download the free Seattle Seahawks mobile phone app, tap "MORE" and then tap "Football Fortune." Thereafter, follow the instructions to enter the Promotion, including (i) answering all twelve (12) questions, and (ii) entering your personal information. Upon completion of these steps, you will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion as outlined below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during Promotion Period. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
Entrants who answer all twelve (12) questions correctly will be entered into a randomized drawing for one (1) grand prize of fifty thousand U.S. dollars ($50,000) (the "Grand Prize"). Only one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be drawn, subject to these Official Rules.
Entrants who answer all twelve (12) questions, but who do not answer all twelve (12) questions correctly, will be entered into a randomized drawing for various Seahawks merchandise and apparel (as described in Section 6 below) (each, a "Secondary Prize"). Five (5) potential Secondary Prize winners will be drawn, subject to these Official Rules.
If participating in this Promotion via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
With regard to the questions posed in connection with this promotion:
- all references to the "draft" refer to that certain event scheduled to begin on April 29, 2021 and conclude on or around May 1, 2021 and which event is colloquially known as the "NFL Draft" (or more specifically defined as the "Selection Meeting" by the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Football League (NFL));
- the NFL's certified results of the player selections in the draft shall govern with regard to all player selections related to the Promotion;
- all references to a "conference" or "conferences" refer to the conferences of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA); and
- the "Power-5" NCAA conferences are as follows: Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC); Big Ten Conference (Big Ten); Big 12 Conference (Big 12); Pac-12 Conference (Pac-12); and Southeastern Conference (SEC).
4. Identity of Entrant: All entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor's discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. An "authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: On or around May 3, 2021, Sponsor (or its designee) will tabulate the results of the questions answered in connection with the Promotion to determine whether any entrants answered all twelve (12) questions correctly. If Sponsor determines that that only one (1) entrant answered all twelve (12) questions correctly, such entrant will be deemed a potential winner of the Grand Prize subject to the terms and conditions below. If Sponsor determines that two (2) or more entrants answered all twelve (12) questions correctly, then Sponsor will conduct a randomized drawing of such entrants to select the name of one (1) potential winner of the Grand Prize subject to the terms and conditions below. If Sponsor determines that no entrant answered all twelve (12) questions correctly, no entrant will be eligible for the Grand Prize and the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
Additionally, Sponsor will select the names of five (5) potential winners of the Secondary Prizes in a randomized drawing of all entrants (as described in Section 3 above).
The odds of winning either the Grand Prize or any Secondary Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Each potential winner will be notified via email on or around May 13, 2021. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, as specified by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or the potential winner does not respond within 72 hours of being notified by Sponsor; (ii) any required documents are not returned as specified by Sponsor, such as the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (at the discretion of Sponsor).
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prizes: There is a potential of one (1) winner for each of the following prizes:
One (1) Grand Prize: Fifty thousand U.S. dollars ($50,000)
Five (5) Secondary Prizes:
- One (1) replica football autographed by Seahawks player DK Metcalf. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $500.
- One (1) replica mini helmet autographed by Seahawks player LJ Collier. ARV: $100.
- One (1) Custom Seahawks Jersey. ARV: $150.
- One (1) $100 gift card to the Seahawks "Pro Shop." ARV: $100.
- One (1) 2021 Seahawks Draft Cap. ARV: $35.
Total ARV of all potential prizes: $50,885.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion.
Except for applicable manufacturer's standard warranties, the prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties' reasonable control; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES' GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc.: By entering the Promotion you are granting Sponsor and its designees (to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law) permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Promotion.
11. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after May 13, 2021 and before May 13, 2022 to the address listed in Section 15 below, Attn: Seahawks Football Fortune (April 2021). To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.seahawks.com/football-fortune/official-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 15 below, Attn: Seahawks Football Fortune (April 2021). VT residents may omit return postage.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: All Seahawks-related trademarks are trademarks of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("FNW"). The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2021 by FNW. All rights reserved.
13. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Promotion. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms "include" or "including" in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
15. Sponsor: Football Northwest LLC, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056.