Selected with the second pick in the 4th round (99th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Started all 16 games in 2014 and led the team in tackles with a career-high 107 (74 solo). Also recorded 2.0 sacks, four passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.
- Started all three postseason games, recording 23 tackles (16 solo) with 11 tackles (10 solo) coming vs. New England in Super Bowl XLIX.
- Moved to weakside linebacker and started 13 of 13 games in 2013 played, missing the last three games with a broken foot suffered at San Francisco (12/8). Missed the Divisional Playoff Game vs. New Orleans but returned to play in both the NFC Championship and Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Despite missing three games, ranked fourth on team with 80 tackles (46 solo) in the 2013 regular season. Also recorded 1.5 sacks, four passes defensed and a fumble recovery.
- Played in two postseason games, starting Super Bowl XLVIII. Recorded 8 tackles (5 solo) in the postseason with seven tackles (5 solo) coming in SBXLVIII.
- Started all 15 games played in his second season, sitting vs. NYJ (11/11) after sustaining a concussion the week prior (vs. Minn, 11/4). Also started both playoff games.
- Ranked second on the team with 96 tackles (66 solo) in 2012 and also recorded a sack, an interception and a forced fumble.
- His emergence during rookie season led to team trading Aaron Curry to Oakland on October 13, 2011.
- Started 12 of 16 games played and recorded 61 tackles (46 solo) and 2.0 sacks in 2011. Posted a career-high eight tackles in back-to-back games (vs. St. Louis, 12/12/11 and at Chicago, 12/18/11).
COLLEGE: Started 35 of 47 games at Mississippi State (22 at strong-side outside linebacker and 13 at weak-side linebacker). Finished career with 259 tackles (131 solo), including nine sacks for minus 60 yards, 23.5 stops for loss totaling 104 yards and 11 quarterback pressures. Forced and recovered three fumbles and had 14 passes defensed.
PERSONAL: Attended Olive Branch (Miss.) High School. Regarded as the nation’s 45th best strong-side outside linebacker. Selected to play in the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Classic. Named first-team, all-state on the defensive line by the Clarion-Ledger in all classifications following his senior season. Also earned first-team, all-state mention by the Mississippi Association of Coaches at outside linebacker in Class 5A. Recorded 91 total tackles, 13 sacks and an interception. Helped Olive Branch to a 12-2 overall record as a senior. Also a standout for an undefeated basketball team as a senior. Born Kenneth Bernard Wright Jr. in Memphis, Tenn.