Signed by Seattle as a free agent on September 9, 2008.
NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Originally signed by Green Bay as a free agent on February 1, 2006. Spent two years in the CFL with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers from 2004-05.
- Has recorded 683 career punts for 30,523 yards (44.7 avg.) with 232 punts inside the 20 in his career.
- Seattle’s career leader in punting average (44.75), punts inside the 20 (197) and long punt (77 yards at San Francisco, 9/11/11).
- In the 2014 NFC Championship Game vs. Green Bay (1/18/15), completed a 19-yard TD pass to Garry Gilliam on a fake field goal, giving Seattle its first score in a game it would win and advance to Super Bowl XLIX.
- Kicked his way into the NFL record books vs. New England (10/14/12) after averaging 60.0 yards on four punts, ranking third in NFL history (min. four attempts) for highest average in a single-game. He is the first player since 1946 to accomplish the feat and third player all-time.
- Seattle’s single-season leader in average (46.64 in 2011), net average (40.8 in 2012), and tied for most punts downed inside the 20 (34 in 2011).
- Set a career-high with six punts inside the 20 vs. San Francisco (12/6/09), at Chicago (10/17/10) and at Miami (11/25/12).
COLLEGE: In 2003, led Canadian college punters with a 45.9-yard average. Was named first-team All-Canadian and Canada West all-star. Also played flanker for the Regina Rams and caught a 109-yard touchdown pass as a sophomore.
PERSONAL: Played lacrosse, hockey, football, basketball and track at Sheldon-Williams High. Was a three-time all-star in lacrosse. Hosts football youth camps in hometown of Saskatchewan. Majored in psychology.