Drafted with the 15th pick in the second round (47th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. Eleventh linebacker chosen in the second round in club history (Last: Lofa Tatupu, 2005). Second and highest player drafted out of Utah State in club history.
NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Started 11 of 11 games played. Despite missing five games due to a foot injury, tallied 104 tackles (67 solo), 2.0 sacks and three passes defensed and was voted to his first Pro Bowl, in addition to being selected Associated Press First-Team All-Pro. Also started all three postseason games.
- Started 14 of 14 games played. Missed two games due to a high-ankle sprain. Recorded 119 tackles (71 solo) and a career-high five sacks. Also notched two interceptions, six passes defensed and a fumble recovery.
- Started all three postseason games in 2013 and tied Kam Chancellor for team lead in tackles with 34 (17 solo).
- Set club record for tackles by a rookie with 140 (Terry Beason, 136 in 1977) and ranked second among all rookies in 2012.
- Started 15 of 16 games played at middle linebacker as well as both postseason games in 2012, leading the team in tackles (140) in addition to recording three interceptions, two sacks and four passes defensed.
HONORS: 2014: NFC Pro Bowl, Associated Press First-Team All-Pro, NFC Defensive Player of the Month (December); 2012: Pro Football Weekly All Rookie Team, Sports Illustrated Defensive Rookie of the Year
COLLEGE: A three-time All-Western Athletic Conference first-team choice by the league’s coaches and media who started 46-of-48 games at Utah State (21 at strong-side linebacker and 25 at weak-side linebacker). Finished his career with 446 tackles (201 solo), 4.5 sacks for minus 35 yards, 29.5 tackles for losses of 80 yards and eight quarterback pressures. Caused two fumbles and recovered three others, while recording seven passes defensed and intercepting four balls for 51 yards in returns. His 446 tackles tied the school career-record that was first set by Del Lyles (1988-91), becoming only the fourth player in WAC history to record more than 400 tackles, breaking the league all-time record of 443 tackles by Robert Rodriguez of Texas-El Paso (2001-04). Named an All-American Dream Team choice and WAC Defensive Player of the Year by The NFL Draft Report after his senior season.
PERSONAL: Dubbed the “Hardest Hitter” in college by The Sporting News, becoming the first player to ever lead the conference in tackles three consecutive seasons and is one of four to accomplish that feat at Utah State. One of 30 NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) student-athletes selected as a candidate for the 2011 Lowe’s Award for excellence both on and off the field. Attended Colony High School where he lettered as a tight end and linebacker, guiding the team in each of his final two seasons to consecutive 12-2 finishes, capturing the CIF division title. Named to the All-CIF Central Division squad as a senior and picked up All-State California Division II second-team honors, as he recorded 125 tackles (92 solo) and four sacks, while hauling in 37 receptions for 595 yards and 11 touchdowns. A business entrepreneurship major at Utah State. Active in the community. Son of Bobby and the late Phenia Wagner. Born on June 27, 1990 in Los Angeles.