Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
First Half Notes: Seahawks vs Falcons
SEATTLE — The Seahawks and Falcons are engaged in an exciting matchup on Monday Night Football at CenturyLink Field, where visiting Atlanta owns a 24-17 lead after two quarters. Here’s a few highlights from the first half of play in Seattle: Read
- The Falcons staked a 14-0 lead halfway through the first quarter thanks to a lengthy return by Andre Roberts on the opening kickoff and a Russell Wilson interception by cornerback Desmond Trufant. Both plays gave the Falcons the football near midfield or beyond, as running back Tevin Coleman found the end zone from 1-yard out to open the scoring and receiver Mohamed Sanu made it a two-score game after making an incredible one-handed touchdown catch.
- Seattle got on the board during its second possession when Wilson found tight end Jimmy Graham from 4 yards out for a touchdown to cap a 9-play, 65-yard drive.
- Things turned back in the Falcons’ favor to start the second quarter, however, as Takk McKinley sacked Wilson, Courtney Upshaw forced a fumble as the Seahawks quarterback was falling to the ground, and Adrian Clayborn scooped up the loose ball and returned it for a 10-yard touchdown to give Atlanta a 21-7 advantage.
- Blair Walsh connected on a 30-yard field goal in the second quarter, and on the Seahawks’ ensuing kickoff, the Falcons muffed the return. Rookie safety Tedric Thompson recovered the football for Seattle at the Atlanta 11, and seven plays later, on a fourth-and-1 play, Wilson ran it in for a 1-yard touchdown.
- The Falcons tacked on three more points just before halftime, connecting on a 45-yard field goal.
- Wilson finished the half 13-of-21 for 123 yards, with the two touchdowns (one throwing, one rushing) and one interception, good for a 74.1 quarterback rating.
- Rookie cornerback Shaquill Griffin left the game early in the first quarter and is being evaluated for a concussion. He is doubtful to return.
- With the injury to Griffin, Byron Maxwell is seeing action in his first game back in a Seahawks uniform.
- Tyler Lockett is having a stellar night in the return game, bringing back four kickoffs for 172 total yards (43-yard average), including a long of 57. He also leads the club with four catches for 37 yards.
- K.J. Wright leads the Seahawks in the tackle department, making four stops.
- In his Seahawks debut, Mike Davis has six carries for 18 yards to lead the running back group.