Good morning, 12s.
Here's a look at what's "out there" for today - Monday, Aug. 3 - about your Seattle Seahawks:
Training Camp Recap
The first three days Seattle's training camp are in the books, and if you were digitally-detached this past weekend (perhaps enjoying some Seafair festivities on Lake Washington), there's a chance you might have missed a bit of important news surrounding the Seahawks.
Here's a look back at what went down over the weekend:
- Quarterback Russell Wilson signed a four-year extension that will keep him in Seattle through the 2019 season. Linebacker Bobby Wagner did, too, continuing a trend of Seattle finding ways to lock up its star players.
- Four Seahawks opened camp on the team's Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list.
- Seahawks.com digital media reporter John Boyle shares a few on-the-field observations from Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 of camp.
- The team released defensive tackle Tony McDaniel and traded for cornerback Mohammed Seisay.
- Darrell Bevell and Pete Carroll each met with the media and here's three things we learned from the Seahawks offensive coordinator and five things we learned from Seattle's head coach.
- Seattle debuted some new green practice jerseys for the first practice of camp.
- And if you're wondering what type of music the Seahawks play at practice, here's 12 songs we overheard on Day 2 and Day 3 of camp.
Training camp continues today with the fourth workout open to fans at Renton's Virginia Mason Athletic Center. The team will then receive Tuesday off before returning to the field for four more practices open to the public on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this week.
Tweet Of The Day
Today's "Tweet of the Day" comes from hip-hop artist Hoodie Allen, who rocked a Russell Wilson jersey on stage during a Sunday night concert at Auburn's White River Amphitheater.
More From Around The Web
Rob Rang at Scout.com shares five takeaways from Sunday's training camp practice.
Art Thiel at SportsPressNW.com says rookie wide receiver Tyler Lockett is already a polished gem.
And here's photos of a Seahawks-branded Boeing 747-8 Freighter that flew over Lake Washington's Seafair fun.
D*id I miss anything you think is worthy of inclusion? Let me know on Twitter *