The last time the Seattle Seahawks entered MetLife Stadium, it resulted in the franchise's first Super Bowl victory. Although Sunday's contest against the New York Jets wasn't of the same magnitude, it produced the same result.
A stout defensive performance by the Seahawks defense along with a crisp day from quarterback Russell Wilson propelled Seattle to its first road win of the season, 27-17, over the Jets.
Wilson, who spent the week rehabbing an ankle and knee injury, smoothly completed 23 of 32 passes for 309 yards against the Jets secondary with three touchdowns. All three of Wilson's touchdowns went to different receivers: newly-acquired running back C.J. Spiller, rookie Tanner McEvoy and Christine Michael. The catches for Spiller and McEvoy were their first catches and scores as Seahawks.
Additionally, Wilson targeted tight end Jimmy Graham eight times and completed six passes for 113 yards, Graham's second-straight week with 100-plus yards receiving.
Much like that Super Bowl rout of the Broncos, the Seahawks defense shined in the Big Apple. Seattle picked off Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick three times courtesy of Richard Sherman (twice) and Earl Thomas, sacked him four times, and hit him nine. Seattle entered the game with only one turnover on the season.
The Seahawks led comfortably, 27-10, with roughly half of the fourth quarter remaining before a Fitzpatrick fumble went 42 yards for a Jets touchdown to make it a 10-point game. However, New York's final opportunity to put a score together ended with Sherman's second interception.
The Seahawks now head into a Week 5 bye with a 3-1 record.
- Russell Wilson Lifts Seahawks To Victory With "Sterling Effort" at Jets
- It Was "A Fight All Game" Between Richard Sherman & Brandon Marshall
- Pete Carroll Provides Injury Updates After Seahawks Win at Jets
- Jimmy Graham "Just A Monster Out There" at New York
- Tanner McEvoy Records "Really Special" First NFL Catch
- C.J. Spiller Caps "Crazy Week" With Touchdown in First Game With Seahawks
- Seahawks at Jets Highlights
- Rapid Reaction: Seahawks 27, Jets 17
Look through some action photos from Week 4 vs the New York Jets at MetLife Field.