Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Challenge, Presented By CenturyLink
Seahawks Quarterback Challenge, Presented By CenturyLink
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest (the "Contest").
By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
Contest void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("Sponsor"), CenturyTel Service Group, LLC d/b/a CenturyLink ("CenturyLink"), the National Football League and its member clubs, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and "step" child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Contest Period: The Contest starts at 12:01am Pacific Time (PT) on October 9, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm PT on January 3, 2021 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest Period is divided into twelve (12) different entry periods, as outlined below in Section 3 (each an "Entry Period" and collectively, the "Entry Periods"). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor's or its designee's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3. How to Enter: To enter, complete the following steps during the Contest Period: (i) download the Seahawks mobile app (downloading the app is free); (ii) navigate to the More menu in the app to play the QB Challenge game; (iii) log-in using your Seahawks mobile app username and password or register using your name and email; and (iv) play the QB Challenge game during one or more of the Entry Periods outlined below.
Start Date/Time (PT), End Date/Time (PT), Winner Selected/Notified
Entry Period #1: 10/9/2020, 12:01am 10/11/2020, 11:59pm 10/12/2020
Entry Period #2: 10/21/2020, 12:01am 10/25/2020, 11:59pm 10/26/2020
Entry Period #3: 10/28/2020, 12:01am 11/1/2020, 11:59pm 11/2/2020
Entry Period #4: 11/4/2020, 12:01am 11/8/2020, 11:59pm 11/9/2020
Entry Period #5: 11/11/2020, 12:01am 11/15/2020, 11:59pm 11/16/2020
Entry Period #6: 11/16/2020, 12:01am 11/19/2020, 11:59pm 11/20/2020
Entry Period #7: 11/26/2020, 12:01am 11/30/2020, 11:59pm 12/1/2020
Entry Period #8: 12/2/2020, 12:01am 12/6/2020, 11:59pm 12/7/2020
Entry Period #9: 12/9/2020, 12:01am 12/13/2020, 11:59pm 12/14/2020
Entry Period #10: 12/16/2020, 12:01am 12/20/2020, 11:59pm 12/21/2020
Entry Period #11: 12/23/2020, 12:01am 12/27/2020, 11:59pm 12/28/2020
Entry Period #12: 12/30/2020, 12:01am 1/3/2021, 11:59pm 1/4/2021
By submitting an entry as instructed above ("Submission"), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions detailed below. Sponsor may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will automatically receive one entry into the Contest.
Limit: NO LIMIT ON ENTRIES. ENTRANTS MAY PLAY THE GAME AND ATTEMPT TO LOG A TOP SCORE AS MANY TIMES AS THEY WOULD LIKE DURING CONTEST PERIOD. AN ENTRANT MAY ONLY WIN ONE (1) TIME DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. IF AN ENTRANT IS THE TOP SCORER A SECOND TIME DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD, SPONSOR WILL SELECT THE NEXT HIGHEST SCORER AS THE WINNER OF THAT RESPECTIVE WEEKLY ENTRY PERIOD.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud, bots, or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account on which the Submission is made. An "authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: At the end of each Entry Period (specific dates noted in the table in Section 3 above), the entrant who scored the most points (i.e. threw the most footballs through the target) in the QB Challenge game will be deemed the potential winner for that Entry Period. An entrant may only win one (1) time during the Contest Period. If an entrant is the top scorer a second time during the Contest Period, Sponsor will select the next highest scorer as the winner of that Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of entrants who play the QB Challenge game.
Each potential winner will be notified via email on or about the date(s) noted in the table in Section 3 above. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require each potential winner to sign and return, as specified by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or the potential winner does not respond within 24 hours of being notified by Sponsor; (ii) any required documents are not returned as specified by Sponsor, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate winner in accordance with the Judging Criteria. Only two (2) alternate winners will be selected for each prize, after which the remaing prize(s) will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, the prize(s) will be awarded to the person with the highest scoring Submission in accordance with the above Judging Criteria from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: Each winner will receive a $100 Pro Shop gift card. There will be a total of twelve (12) winners during the Contest Period, one (1) for each Entry Period. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each prize: $100. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,200.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
Except for applicable manufacturer's standard warranties, the prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties' reasonable control; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES' GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
10. License to Submission: By entering the Contest and providing your Submission in connection with the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Contest and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
12. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after January 4, 2021 and before January 4, 2022 to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: SEAHAWKS QUARTERBACK CHALLENGE. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.seahawks.com/qbchallenge or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: SEAHAWKS QUARTERBACK CHALLENGE. VT residents may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice: All Seahawks-related trademarks are trademarks of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks ("FNW"). All CenturyLink-related trademarks are trademarks of CenturyTel Service Group, LLC. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 by FNW. All rights reserved.
14. Disputes: EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
15. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms "include" or "including" in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
16. Sponsor: Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056.