Nominate a Deserving Organization for the Legion of Youth Powered by Boeing Program
The Legion of Youth Powered by Boeing Program seeks to empower youth in Washington by providing Seahawks game tickets to community organizations that serve kids throughout the Northwest. The Seahawks and Boeing are in search of one more group to honor with a special gameday experience this season. The winning organization will be selected by a panel of Seahawks and Boeing representatives to receive 100 tickets to the Seahawks game on December 2nd, a visit from a Seahawks Legend, and much more.
How It Works
Fans can nominate a deserving community organization by providing:
- Name of Nominator
- Phone Number of Nominator
- Email of Nominator
- Organization Name
- Organization Website (social media links accepted)
- Tell us how this organization supports youth in Washington state
Before submitting a nomination, please review the official rules at the bottom of this page. Nominations will open on August 11, 2019 and be accepted until September 29, 2019.
Fans Can Nominate A Deserving Community Organization By Telling Us:
Legion of Youth Powered by Boeing Program Official Rules
BOEING LEGION OF YOUTH CONTEST
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest (the “Contest”).
*By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. *
*NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. *
*Contest void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. *
*Eligibility: *Nominations for the Contest may only be submitted by legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The organization being nominated must be a Washington State non-profit (including national non-profits that operate in Washington State, but are based/registered elsewhere) that serves youth ages 12-17 years old (“Eligible Non-Profit”).
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks (“FNW”) and The Boeing Company (“Boeing”) (collectively, the “Sponsors”), the National Football League and its member clubs, and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each, including non-profits founded or operated by any of the foregoing, are not eligible Entrants nor Eligible Non-Profits. IF YOU OR THE ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE BASED ON YOUR ENTRY. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
1. Contest Period: *The Contest starts at 9:00am Pacific Time (PT) on August 11, 2019 and ends at 11:59pm PT on September 29, 2019 (the “_Contest Period_*”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsors’ or their designees’ computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
*2. How to Nominate: *To nominate an Eligible Non-Profit, visit www.seahawks.com/legionofyouth and complete the Nomination Form during the Contest Period. Nomination Form must include nominator’s name and contact information, the name of the Eligible Non-Profit, location (city), a description of how the Eligible Non-Profit serves the community and why the Eligible Non-Profit should be selected as the 2019 Legion of Youth recipient.
By submitting an entry as instructed above (“Submission”), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions detailed below. Sponsors may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Contest if they believe that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions. Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, your nomination will be entered into the Contest.
Limit: Legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old may nominate as many Eligible Non-Profits as he/she would like during the Contest Period.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
a. Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
b. Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you, or, alternatively you must have the full rights to grant the license and other rights that you grant to Sponsors in Section 9 below.
c. Your Submission must not (in Sponsors’ discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and/or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
If participating in this Contest via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
*3. Identity of Entrant: *All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud, bots, or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account on which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
*4. Selection and Notification of Winner: *On or about October 23, 2019, a panel of judges comprised of FNW and Boeing executives (selected at Sponsors’ sole discretion) will score each Submission based on exemplary action and investment in serving Washington State youth ages 12-17 years old. The scoring of the Submissions shall be within the judges’ sole discretion.
The top scoring Submission will be deemed the potential winning Submission. Odds of winning a prize depend on number and quality of eligible entries received.
The potential winning entrant and Eligible Non-Profit will be notified via email or phone on or about October 30, 2019. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsors may require each potential winning entrant and Eligible Non-Profit to sign and return, as specified by Sponsors, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order for the winning Eligible Non-Profit to claim their prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or the potential winning entrant and Eligible Non-Profit do not respond within seven (7) days of being notified by Sponsors; (ii) any required documents are not returned as specified by Sponsors, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if potential winning Eligible Non-Profit is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be treated as forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning Eligible Non-Profit in accordance with the judging criteria. Only the three (3) highest-scoring entries will be selected by the judging panel. If the Sponsors are unable to award the prize to any of the associated Eligible Non-Profits due to a failure to meet the above requriements (i)-(iv), the Sponsors may elect to discontinue the Contest and not award the prize. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, the prize(s) will be awarded to the entry with the highest scoring Submission in accordance with the above judging criteria from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRANT AND ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A NOMINATED ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S AND THE ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT AND THE ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
5. Prize: One (1) winning Eligible Non-Profit will receive one hundred (100) tickets, twenty-five (25) parking passes, one thousand dollars ($1,000) worth of concession vouchers, twenty-five (25) gift bags, one hundred (100) catered meals and a gameday experience (to be determined at FNW’s sole discretion) for the 2019 Seahawks vs. Vikings game at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, WA scheduled for Monday, December 2, 2019. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $15,250. The winning Entrant shall not receive an individual prize, and the winning Eligible Non-Profit shall not be obligated to provide any portion of its prize to the Entrant.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNING ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Disclaimer: Sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsors’ or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
*7. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Contest, you release Sponsors and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. *
ENTRANTS AND WINNING ELIGIBLE NON-PROFIT AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORS AND ADMINISTRATOR(S) FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR OTHER LIABILITY EITHER AT LAW OR EQUITY WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSERTED OR NOT ASSERTED THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATE TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE AWARDING, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
*TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSORS OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. *
*TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED, PURCHASED AND/OR LOANED FROM THE SPONSORS, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD. *
*8. Use of Winning Entrant's Name, Likeness, etc.: *To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, submitting a nomination for the Contest constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winning Eligible Non-Profit may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Contest, you consent to being contacted by Sponsors for any purpose in connection with this Contest.
9. License to Submission: By providing your Submission in connection with the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsors a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Contest and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsors will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsors’ expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsors to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsors’ rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsors, or their agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
*11. Winner List; Rules Request: *For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after October 23, 2019 and before October 23, 2020 to 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056, Attn: Boeing Legion of Youth Contest. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.seahawks.com/legionofyouth or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056, Attn: Boeing Legion of Youth Contest. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: All Seahawks-related trademarks are trademarks of FNW. All Boeing-related trademarks are trademarks of Boeing. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 by FNW. All rights reserved.
*13. Disputes: *EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants and winning Eligible Non-Profit agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in their discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or Sponsors otherwise become (in their discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors, the Contest or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsors’ discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsors reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsors reserve the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
15. Sponsors: Football Northwest LLC d/b/a Seattle Seahawks, 12 Seahawks Way, Renton, WA 98056. The Boeing Company, 7755 E Marginal Way S, Everett, WA 98201.