- Originally drafted by the New York Jets in the first round (13th overall) in the 2013 NFL Draft.
- Started 56-of-58 games and posted 298 tackles, 18.0 sacks, six forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries in four seasons with the Jets.
- In 2014, led the team with a career-best 8.0 sacks, adding 84 tackles and earning his first Pro Bowl.
- Named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year (2013) after starting 15-of-16 games, amassing 101 tackles, 3.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one pass defensed and two rushing touchdowns.
- Tied with DL William “The Refrigerator” Perry for the most rushing touchdowns in a season and career by a defensive lineman with two.
Honors: 2014: Pro Bowl. 2013: NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.
College: Started 23-of-34 college games he played, including 13-of-24 in two seasons at Missouri. In his time with the Tigers, recorded 116 tackles, 6.0 sacks, nine QB pressures, two fumble recoveries and four forced fumbles. Started all 11 games as a redshirt junior and earned All-American Dream Team and All-SEC second-team honors from The NFL Draft Report. Led SEC defensive tackles with a career-high 79 tackles. Registered 4.0 sacks, seven QB pressures, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, three passes defensed and blocked a kick. In his lone season at College of the Sequoias, he registered 65 tackles (including 17.0 for loss), 2.5 sacks, 15 QB pressures and two passes defensed.
Personal: Played high school football at Gateway Technical (MO) HS. As a senior, was considered the best defensive tackle and fourth-best player overall in the nation by Rivals.com. Named first-team All-American by EA Sports after he scored six defensive touchdowns and recorded 88 tackles and 19.0 sacks, while adding seven fumble recoveries, five forced fumbles and one interception. The five-star recruit (Rivals.com) also added 27 recep¬tions for 541 yards and eight touchdowns from the tight end position. Son of Zelda and Michael Richardson. While in high school, he lettered in basketball and baseball. Also participated in track and field as a weight man.