- Has started 18 of 26 career games played at left and right guard for the Jets and Texans from 2013-16.
- Started a career-high 10 games in 2014 after replacing an injured Brian Winters at left guard for the Jets.
- As a rookie fifth-round selection in 2013, earned a place on the N.Y. Jets’ 53-man roster for the entire season, but was inactive all 16 games.
- Saw first NFL action at guard in the second quarter at Green Bay (9/14/14) and first start on Thursday Night Football at New England (10/16/14).
- Was active but did not play in the 2015 postseason for the Texans. Split time at left guard vs. Oakland (1/7/17) in the 2016 AFC Wild Card round and came off the bench and played all but six snaps at New England (1/14/17) in the Divisional round.
College: Played four seasons (2009-12) at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Va., where he started 37-of-43 games on the offensive line. As a senior, named to the All-ACC first-team after starting all 12 games and averaging more than 10 knockdown blocks at left tackle. Served as a team captain. Started all 13 games as a junior, earning All-ACC second-team honors and leading an offensive. line that limited opponents to 16.0 sacks.
Personal: As a senior at Xaverian High School in Brooklyn, N.Y., earned second-team all-state honors as an offensive lineman. Also recorded 70 tackles and 7.0 sacks playing on defense. The ninth of 10 children. Honored by former Secretary of State Clinton in September of 2011 with about a dozen other Muslim athletes at a reception in Washington D.C., commemorating Eid ul-Fitr.