- Acquired via trade with the New Orleans Saints on the first day of free agency, March 10, 2015. Seattle also obtained the Saints 2015 fourth-round draft selection in exchange for the Seahawks 2015 first-round choice and center Max Unger.
- Returned to form in 2016 following a season-ending knee injury in 2015. Made fourth-career Pro Bowl after setting Seahawks single-season franchise records by a tight end in receptions (65) and yards (923).
- Owns the second and third highest average per reception seasons by a tight end in franchise his-tory with a career-high 14.2 in 2016 and 12.6 in 2015.
- Finished the final five games of 2015 on injured reserve after injuring knee versus Pittsburgh (11/30).
- The Saints all-time receiving leader by a tight end, started 50 of 78 career games for New Orleans from 2010-14 totalling 386 receptions for 4,752 yards and 51 TDs. Led the Saints in recep-tions four consecutive seasons from 2011-14.
- Along with New England’s Rob Gronkowski, became the only tight ends in NFL history to record multiple seasons with 1,000 receiving yards and 10-plus TDs.
- Led Saints in receiving for fourth-consecutive season in 2014 and finished second in the NFL among tight ends totalling 85 receptions for 889 yards and 10 TDs.
- Had one of the best seasons by a tight end in NFL history in 2013 after leading the Saints with 86 receptions for 1,215 yards and a team-record 16 TDs. Was the second-highest TD total by a tight end in NFL history and led the NFL in scoring grabs and ranked second in scoring among non-kickers. Tied a Saints record for 100-yard receiv-ing games (6), which tied the NFL record for most by a TE.
- Became the first TE in NFL history to be named NFC Offensive Player of the Month (September 2013). During a four-game streak between September and October, totaled 548 yards which was the most over any four-game span in a single season in NFL history. Also tied an NFL record with four-consecutive 100-yard receiving games by a TE.
- Between 2011-12, had a streak of six-consec-utive games with at least one TD reception. That stretch set a Saints record for consecutive games with a receiving TD and tied the club record for consecutive games with a TD. The streak tied the second-longest NFL mark among tight ends since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.
- Totalled career highs and set a Saints record with 99 receptions for 1,310 yards in 2011.
HONORS: 2013: All-Pro (CBSSports.com, ESPN.com, Sports Illustrated & The Sporting News), PFWA All-NFL and All-NFC, NFC Offensive Player of the Week 3. NFC Offensive Player of the Month (September). 2012: NFC Offensive Player of the Week 10. 2011: Pro Football Weekly/PFWA All-NFC, Saints Ed Block Courage Award
COLLEGE: Appeared in 13 games with one start in a multiple-tight end set in only season of foot-ball at the University of Miami. Made 17 receptions for 213 yards (12.5 avg.) with five touchdowns. Appeared in 120 games with 39 starts for the Miami basketball team as a four-year letterwinner and averaged 4.2 points per game and 4.2 rebounds per game, while 104 blocked shots ranked eighth in school history. A two-time Academic All-ACC selection, earned a business degree with a double major in marketing and man-agement in 2009.
PERSONAL: Attended Charis Preparatory (Goldsboro, N.C.) Academy, where he played bas-ketball, football, baseball and tennis. On the hard-wood, earned All-American honorable mention from Street & Smith Magazine, in addition to gar-nering All-State and conference and team Most Valuable Player honors. As a senior, averaged 20.7 points, 13.8 rebounds and 4.6 blocks per game. During junior season, grabbed 15.1 rebounds per game and scored an average of 18.2 points per game. Earned airplane pilot’s license in 2012.