- Originally drafted by the Detroit Lions in the third round (92nd overall) in the 2008 NFL Draft.
- In four seasons with Seattle, helped accumulate a 44-19-1 record with four-straight playoff appearances and back-to-back Super Bowls, including a SB XLVIII victory in first season with the team.
- Earned first Pro Bowl selection after leading the team and setting a career high with 11.5 sacks.
- Part of a defense that ranked first in total defense, passing defense, points allowed and turnover differential in 2013. Also part of a team that led the NFL in points and yards allowed in consecutive seasons (2013-14), just the fourth time that has happened in League history.
- Set then career-high with 11 sacks during 2011 season, and led the Lions in sacks in 2012 with 9.5. Among all NFL rookies in 2008, finished tied for first with 5.0 sacks and was first with four forced fumbles.
- Ranks fifth in Lions history with 39.5 sacks.
Honors: 2016: NFC Pro Bowl, Seahawks Man of the Year. 2011: NFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 8.
College: Moved to defensive end in his final two seasons for the Boilermakers and registered 30 of 35.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and 12.5 of 13 sacks from the left end position. Played in 40 games at Purdue, starting 35, with 12 starts coming at strong-side linebacker and the other 23 at left defensive end. Was 12th in school history with 13 sacks. Named All-Big Ten Conference by the NFL Draft Report and second-team by the league’s media in 2007 after starting all 13 games at left defensive end, where he led the team and tied for 10th in the conference with 6.5 sacks and returned an interception for a touchdown. Started the first four games at strong-side linebacker in 2006 before shifting to left defensive end for the final 10 games. Played in 10 games as a sophomore in 2005 before a midseason back fracture forced him to sit out for the rest of the year and limited him in drills the following spring. Saw considerable action as a true freshman in 2004 while appearing in 12 games, starting four contests at strong-side linebacker.
Personal: Attended Clay High School (Fla.) where he earned second-team All-State honors as a defensive end as a senior and was rated the 37th best outside linebacker in the nation by Rivals.com. Named to the Florida Times-Union Super 24 team and twice earned All-Conference accolades. As a senior, led the team to an 11-2 record and registered 80 tackles, 9.0 sacks, 11 stops behind the line of scrimmage and four passes defensed. Named to Class 3A All-State team by the Florida Sports Writers Association senior year. Lettered in basketball, track and field and weight lifting. Retail management major.