Selected with the 22nd pick (85th overall) in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft.
NFL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Started all nine games played in 2014, tallying 20 tackles (11 solo) and 1.0 sack before landing on injured reserve on November 11 (hamstring). He had started a string of 110 games in which he has played.
- Started all 16 games for fourth time in his career and helped anchor the middle of the line on the NFL’s no. 1 defense in 2013. Ended the season with back-to-back season-high six-tackle performances vs. Arizona and St. Louis on way to 45-tackle season. Posted three solo stops in Seattle’s 43-8 victory over Denver in Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Tied career-high with 56 tackles (31 solo) in 2012 and started all 16 games for the third time in career.
- Set a career high with 56 tackles in 2011 starting all 16 games, tops in the NFC and fifth in the NFL among interior linemen. Helped maintain a Seahawks run defense that ranked fourth in rushing yards per attempt (3.8).
- Tallied career-high six tackles at Green Bay (12/27/09).
- Posted 39 tackles (31 solo) and 5.5 sacks in 2008.
- Took over starting duties vs. St. Louis (10/21/07) after Chuck Darby (knee) was placed on injured reserve.
- Made first career sack vs. Cincinnati (9/23/07).
HONORS: 2013: Sports Illustrated All-Pro.
COLLEGE: Played in 41 games at California, starting 31. Collected 109 tackles (60 solos), 14.5 sacks for minus-87 yards and 16.5 stops for losses totaling 116 yards. Caused and recovered a fumble, adding two pass deflections and a safety. His seven quarterback sacks in 2005 tied for 15th on Cal’s season-record list.
PERSONAL: Earned Super Prep and Prep Star All-American honors as a senior at Crenshaw High School. Was rated the No. 24 defensive tackle in the country by Rivals.com, which also ranked him No. 55 on its California Top 100 players list and No. 67 on its West Top 100 chart. First-team Best of the West pick by the Long Beach Press-Telegram, as well as All-West Region first-team by Sports Illustrated. Was also an All-State choice in 2002. Was selected 2001 Los Angeles City Defensive Player of the Year and was a three-time All-City, All-Central City and All-League selection. Recorded 75 tackles, 13 sacks and two fumble recoveries on defense and ran for five touchdowns at fullback as a senior, adding 2002 Los Angeles Central City Player of the Year honors. As a junior, posted 78 tackles and 19 sacks. Also performed as a shot putter in track. Social Welfare major