- Spent 2016 with the Denver Broncos and was inactive 12 games, did not play in two and was waived before Week 16.
- Saw action in three games during the 2015 season for Cleveland.
- With the Rams, made his first career start ver-sus Tampa Bay (9/14/14) and passed for 235 yards on 22 completions. First-career TD came versus Dallas (9/21/14), a 1-yard TD pass to TE Lance Kendricks.
- Had back-to-back 300-yard passing games in 2014 versus Dallas (9/21) and Philadelphia (10/05).
- In 2013, spent training camp with the Rams before being signed to the Dolphins’ practice squad. Signed to Rams active roster during Week 8 and was active for the final nine games, but did not play.
- Originally signed as an undrafted college free agent with St. Louis in 2012 and dressed in Week 1 and was inactive the remainder of the season.
COLLEGE: Led Southern Miss to 12 wins and a Conference USA championship as a senior. Set single-season and career school records for touchdowns, passing yards and completion per-centages. Passed Brett Favre in nearly every major statistical record in school history. Threw for a school record 3,331 yards in 2011. Named the 2011 Burlsworth Trophy winner and won the Connerly Trophy as the nation’s top former walk-on and top player in Mississippi, respectively. Earned All-Conference USA second team honors as a sophomore and junior. Became the school’s all-time leader in TD passes during junior season. Became first USM freshman quarterback to lead Golden Eagles to a bowl victory in 2008. Was a C-USA All-Freshman selection. Tossed a school freshman-record 23 touchdowns, passing Favre’s mark of 15 in 1987. Earned a degree in business administration
PERSONAL: Attended West Lauderdale School in Collinsville, Miss. As a high school senior, threw for 1,100 yards passing with 15 TDs and rushed for 600 yards with six TDs. Received all-area honors and participated in the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star game. Also named all-state in baseball. Drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2012 MLB Draft in the 31st round. Brother, Bo, played for the San Diego Padres.