Seahawks head strength & conditioning coach Chris Carlisle (pictured above) spent nine years with Pete Carroll at USC (2001-09)
Perform a search for the phrase "Truck Shuffle" on Twitter and you'll stumble upon a small sampling of Seahawks head strength & conditioning coach Chris Carlisle's preferred beats.
It's a practice Carlisle employs each morning prior to his arrival at Renton's Virginia Mason Athletic Center. He hops in his truck, puts his music player on shuffle, and the song that plays first becomes his daily "Truck Shuffle" Twitter update when he arrives at his desk inside the team's weight room at Seahawks headquarters, with Carlisle adding a YouTube video of the track that played to accompany his social media status.
Truck Shuffle - Thriller - Michael Jackson - http://t.co/lzxN9x7arP— Chris Carlisle (@CoachCarlisle) August 25, 2014
Carlisle, who spent nine years as USC's head strength & conditioning coach, carries a similar practice with him for every Seahawks road game. His "Truck Shuffle" becomes more of a "Bus Shuffle," with Carlisle hitting play on a special pregame playlist he created for the Seahawks' bus ride from the team hotel to the opponent's home stadium. The Seahawks coach was kind enough to share that entire pregame playlist with us this week.
Below, check out coach Carlisle's "Pregame Playlist" for the team's preseason finale against the Raiders in Oakland. Close your eyes while you listen to Carlisle's tunes and see if you can picture yourself right next to him - or your favorite Seahawk - on the team's chartered bus to O.co Coliseum.
(Warning: Tracks May Contain Explicit Lyrics)
Seahawks at Oakland Raiders: Pregame Playlist
1. Born To Run – Bruce Springsteen
2. Anvil of Crom – Conan the Barbarian (Soundtrack)
3. Get Up Stand Up – Bob Marley and the Wailers
4. I’m Shipping Up To Boston – Dropkick Murphy’s
5. Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughn
6. Give It Away – Red Hot Chili Peppers
7. Theme To Rawhide – Blues Brothers
8. Bad To The Bone – George Thorogood & The Destroyers
9. Ride Wit Me - Nelly
10. Back In Black - AC/DC
11. Enter Sandman – Metallica
12. La Bamba – Ritchie Valens
13. One Step Closer – Linkin Park
14. Bawitdaba (Live) – Kid Rock
15. How Bad Do You Want It – Tim McGraw
16. Lose Yourself – Eminem
18. We Will Rock You – Queen
19. L.A. Freeway – Jerry Jeff Walker
20. Ruff Ryder’s Anthem - DMX
21. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground – The White Stripes
22. Lawyers, Guns and Money – Hank Williams, Jr
23. Sail - AWOLNATION
24. Mrs. McGrath – Bruce Springsteen
And as promised each week, we'll also feature a “Bonus Track” - or in this case, tracks - from a member of the Seahawks Digital Media team.
This week's premiums come from our department's assistant director Huy Nguyen, who has made it a tradition to wake up every gameday to Macklemore's The Town, has become all about Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass, and who insisted we include "Anything off the 20/20 Experience" from Justin Timberlake. Enjoy.
25. Assistant Director of Digital Media Huy Nguyen: The Town - Macklemore
26. Nguyen: All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor
27. Nguyen: Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
>>> LISTEN | at Denver Broncos: Pregame Playlist
>>> LISTEN | vs San Diego Chargers: Pregame Playlist
>>> LISTEN | vs Chicago Bears: Pregame Playlist