Seven-hundred-and-four NFL players will be released or moved to injured reserve by 3 p.m. PT Saturday.
One-thousand, one-hundred and eighty-four NFL players will have been released over the last week.
That's the word from Yahoo! Sports' Brian McIntyre, on the 32 NFL clubs' roster trimming process from 90 players to 75 players to 53 players all in the span of just five days. That's a lot of movement.
"We have to make a decision now and maybe a guy a month from now is a better player than the guy we like," Carroll said the day before the team's preseason finale against the Oakland Raiders. "That’s how close it is in some situations.
"In some situations, you just don’t want to let the guy go."
On the bright side, we're down to single digits.
Just nine days separate the Seahawks from their September 8 regular season opener on the road against the Carolina Panthers. The team's official practice and travel schedule for next week has yet to be released, but here's a look at a few things on deck with your Seattle Seahawks:
Saturday, August 31:
- Players off
- All NFL clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 53 players prior to 3 p.m. PT. We'll have those moves for you as soon as it breaks here on Seahawks.com
- Left tackle
Russell Okungand his UP Foundation host a back-to-school event from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Family Fun Center and Bullwinkle's Restaurant in Edmonds. Learn more about the event by visiting www.russellokungupfoundation.org
Allen Bradfordcelebrates his 25th birthday. You can wish Bradford a happy birthday on Twitter @AllenBradford21
- College football kicked off last night, and some local talent will be on display this weekend as the University of Washington and Washington State University kick off their seasons. The Huskies host Boise State University in the newly-renovated Husky Stadium at 7 p.m. PT and the Cougars travel to Alabama to take on the Tigers of Auburn University at 4 p.m. PT (Go Cougs).
Let wide receiver
Sunday, September 1:
- Players off
- Each NFL club may assign a Practice Squad of eight eligible players. We'll also have that announcement as soon as it breaks right here on Seahawks.com.
- Wide receiver
Sidney Ricecelebrates his 27th birthday. Send some well-wishes Rice's way on Twitter @sidneyrice
Monday, September 2:
- Seahawks practice - 2:30 p.m. PT at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. Head coach Pete Carroll and players will be available to the media after practice.
- It's Labor Day. Take a load off. You deserve it.
Tuesday, September 3:
- Our #HawksMailbag is back with another round of questions and answers surrounding your Seattle Seahawks. Feel free to submit your questions directly to me on Twitter @TonyDrovetto, or send them along to @Seahawks.
Thursday, September 5:
- The NFL regular season officially kicks off with the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens visiting the home of the defending AFC West champion Denver Broncos in a rematch of last year's double-overtime Divisional Round. National television coverage begins at 5 p.m. PT on NBC (channel 5 in Seattle).