Digital Media Producer
You are here
NFC West Recap: Cardinals Place David Johnson On Injured Reserve
Here’s a recap of the latest news surrounding the rest of the NFC West: Read
Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
What happened: The Cardinals fell to the Detroit Lions, 35-23, in Week 1. Read
- Arizona’s offense suffered a huge loss in Week 1 with star running back David Johnson sustaining a dislocated wrist injury. The team placed Johnson on injured reserve Tuesday and re-signed veteran running back Chris Johnson.
- Cardinals owner Bill Bidwell was elected to the Arizona Sports Hall of Fame.
- Kyle Odegard hit the film room and broke down Justin Bethel’s interception return for a touchdown in Sunday’s game that came on the first pass attempt from Matthew Stafford.
San Francisco 49ers (0-1)
What happened: The 49ers opened the season with a loss to the Carolina Panthers, 23-3. Read
- 49ers first-round pick Reuben Foster may be sidelined a month with a high-ankle sprain.
- Here’s a look at how playing time was split up for the 49ers in their Week 1 loss to the Panthers.
- Joe Fann of 49ers.com answered questions from fans about the 49ers defensive line and more.
Los Angeles Rams (1-0)
What happened: The Rams registered a huge win against the Indianapolis Colts at home, 46-9. Read
- Jared Goff — the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft — started off his second season hot.
- The Rams made a few roster moves today, adding a new offensive tackle and letting go of three players, including former Seahawks defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson.
- Finally, Rams writer and reporter Kristen Lago highlighted outside linebacker Robert Quinn for his performance against the Panthers.