Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
Monday Round-Up: Media React To Seattle Seahawks 17-9 Week 1 Loss at Green Bay Packers
Good afternoon, 12s.
Here's a look at what's "out there" for today - Monday, September 11 - about your Seattle Seahawks following Sunday's 17-9 loss to the Packers at Green Bay's Lambeau Field. Read
What They're Saying: Packers 17, Seahawks 9
- As he'll do the morning after every game the Seahawks play this season, head coach Pete Carroll joined 710 ESPN Seattle to discuss his team's Week 1 performance with hosts "Brock and Salk." Carroll offered thoughts on Seattle's run game, the cornerback play, and the status of running back Thomas Rawls (ankle), who was inactive to open 2017, noting, “Thomas looked really good last week, he just really didn’t have all his confidence that he could make sure that he was over it and done with. I think he’s gonna come out Wednesday’s practice and be raring to go and we won’t look back. That was the idea. We want to get it behind him and make sure it’s done, but the high ankles do linger. I hope that he’ll feel good on it. We just want it behind us instead of having it be kind of gone.”
- Postgame, Carroll said he believes the Seahawks offense "can play a lot better."
- Against one of the game's top quarterbacks, rookie cornerback Shaquill Griffin "played a great first game out" for the Seahawks.
- Another silver lining in the Seahawks' loss? The return of receiver Tyler Lockett and free safety Earl Thomas, who each saw their first regular-season action since suffering season-ending leg injuries last year.
- Aron Yohannes at Seahawks.com shares five rapid reactions to Sunday's defeat, and here's a look at some first-half notes.
- Danny O'Neil at 710Sports.com comments on quarterback Russell Wilson's Week 1 play at Green Bay.
- Bob Condotta at the Seattle Times grades the performance of the Seahawks' offense, defense, and special teams.
- Jayson Jenks at the Seattle Times says rookie running back Chris Carson has likely carved out a bigger role for himself in Seattle's backfield.
- Larry Stone at the Seattle Times shares thoughts on the play of the Seahawks' offensive line.
- Kevin Seifert at ESPN.com explains how officials errored on the call that ejected cornerback Jeremy Lane for throwing a punch.
- Conor Orr at NFL.com outlines five things we learned from Sunday's Seahawks-Packers matchup.
- And Curtis Crabtree at Sports Radio KJR has five takeaways from Seattle's 17-9 loss.
Tweet Of The Day
Today's "Tweet of the Day" comes from us - @Seahawks, as we remember those who lost their lives on this day 16 years ago.