Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
12 things 12s need to know about the Seahawks' Super Bowl send-off
The Seahawks are heading to Arizona for Super Bowl XLIX against the New England Patriots this Sunday, Jan. 25, and fans are invited to help send the team off in style.
These are the 12 things 12s need to know about the Seahawks' Super Bowl Send-Off:
2. The send-off will happen this Sunday, Jan. 25 at 9 a.m. PT.
3. The send-off will take place in the city of SeaTac, where 12s are invited to line the 1.1 mile route of South 188th Street starting at 46th Avenue South toward 28th Avenue South.
4. You're encouraged to bring your 12 flags, signs of support, wear Seahawks attire, and cheer the Seahawks on as the team buses pass by en route to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
5. Parking is available in the city of SeaTac at Tyee Educational Complex (18650 42nd Avenue South, SeaTac), Chinook Middle School (4424 S188th #800, SeaTac), Bow Lake Elementary School (18237 42nd Avenue South, SeaTac) SeaTac City Hall (4800 South 188th Street SeaTac), Angle Lake Park (19408 International Boulevard, SeaTac), and the SeaTac Airport paid parking lot (7801 International Boulevard).
6. Travelers to SeaTac are encouraged to use the Hwy 518 exit from I-5.
7. I-5 exit 152 (188th Street and Orillia North and Southbound) will close at 8:30 a.m. PT. There will be no stopping, exiting, or access to 188th from I-5.
8. A couple roads will be closed near the send-off - Both directions of South 188th St. from Military Road to International Blvd. will close at 8:30 a.m. PT and both directions of International Blvd. and Eastbound S. 188th St. will close at 9:15 a.m. PT.
9. Air Cargo Road (28th Avenue South) will be closed to pedestrians and non-permitted vehicles due to construction.
10. Bring a friend. Carpooling will help alleviate traffic. Please be respectful of residential parking spots, keep intersections clear, and do not block private driveways.
11. Due to TSA security, there will be no access for fans to view players, coaches, and staff boarding the plane to Arizona.
12. Take lots and lots of photos and share them on social media using the #SeahawksSendOff hashtag.