Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
Thursday Round-Up: What to know ahead of tonight's preseason opener at Denver Broncos
Good morning, 12s.
Here's a look at what's "out there" for today - Thursday, August 7 - about your Seattle Seahawks as they ready for their preseason opener against the Broncos in Denver: Read
Where To Watch
Tonight's game between the Seahawks and Broncos will air on Q13 FOX (channel 13 in Seattle) at 6 p.m. PT with limited interruption during the first quarter. Play-by-play announcer Curt Menefee will be joined in the booth by former Seahawks quarterback Brock Huard (commentary). Pregame coverage begins at 5 p.m. PT on Q13 FOX.
On radio, Steve Raible and Warren Moon will call the action with Jen Mueller working the sidelines. Tonight's game can be found on 710 AM ESPN Seattle and KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
All About The Young Guys
In his Wednesday meeting with the media prior to the team's flight to Denver, head coach Pete Carroll said the team's starters would play "a while" but to expect the Seahawks' young players to play most of tonight's game against the Broncos.
“We’ve historically really leaned on our young guys and played them a lot in the preseason," said Carroll. "And they’re going to play a lot in this game. The bulk of the game will be played by the young guys.
“We’ll be really excited to see them and our guys will be cheering for them.”
- Rookie wide receiver Kevin Norwood had a bone spur removed from his foot and will not play in tonight's game against the Broncos. Carroll said the team's fourth-round pick has a chance to return before the end of training camp.
- Offensive guard James Carpenter (calf strain) will be in uniform tonight, but Carroll wasn't sure if the former first-round draft pick would play.
- Rookie wideout Paul Richardson (shoulder) returned to practice Monday and will play in tonight's game.
- Carroll said quarterback B.J. Daniels "tweaked his groin" and may not be available for tonight's preseason opener. That should give way to plenty of reps for Terrelle Pryor, who the team acquired this offseason.
- Rookie linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis will watch from the sideline with an oblique strain.
- And according to linebacker Malcolm Smith, he and cornerback Akeem Auguste will not play tonight.
Tweet of the Day
More From Around The Web
Here at Seahawks.com, Clare Farnsworth talks with coordinators Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn about which Seahawks they're looking forward to seeing play tonight in Denver.
Defensive tackle Jesse Williams, who was recently placed on injured reserve with a knee injury for the second straight season, tells us his surgery went well.
Dave Boling of the Tacoma News Tribune says exhibition success is important to the Seahawks.
Terry Blount of ESPN.com has his report from Practice 11 of training camp, noting the Seahawks have won nine straight preseason games.
Bob Condotta and Jayson Jenks of the Seattle Times share three Seahawks players to watch tonight in Denver.
Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times talks with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll about staying on top.
And cornerback Richard Sherman shares video from last month's celebrity softball game at Safeco Field that benefited his Blanket Coverage foundation. It's also his mom's birthday.