Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
Seahawks at Denver Broncos: Pregame Playlist
If you weren't already aware, ESPN's special SportsCenter broadcast from earlier in training camp showed outsiders how music helps set the tone here at Seahawks headquarters, where head coach Pete Carroll likes to blare beats during practice.
Carroll carries that experience into the regular season, too – it's not just added enjoyment for the sold-out crowd of 12s who pack the berm during the team's open camp practices at VMAC. Whenever Carroll's team hits the practice field, you'll catch much more than the sound of pads popping ringing in your ears.
That's no different on gameday, when players plug into their headphones to get ready for what's to come on the football field. And with the Seahawks traveling to Denver, Colo. to face the Broncos in their first preseason game of 2014, we asked 12 players to pick one song that gets them set for showtime. Much like what we hear in practice, our first song list contains a heavy dose of hip-hop, with a little bit of country, pop, and alternative rock mixed in.
Below, check out the team's "Pregame Playlist" for their exhibition matchup with the Denver Broncos:
(Warning: Tracks may contain explicit lyrics) Read
Seahawks at Broncos: Pregame Playlist
1. Kam Chancellor: Drank In My Cup - Kirko Bangz
2. Phil Bates: My Type of Party - Dom Kennedy Read
3. Malcolm Smith: Benz Friendz (Whatchutola) - Future, Andre 3000
4. Steven Hauschka: Machu Picchu - The Strokes
5. Richard Sherman: 0 to 100 / The Catch Up - Drake
6. Steven Terrell: Ready - B.O.B., Future
7. K.J. Wright: Show Da World - Lil Boosie, feat. Kiara (An indecisive K.J. chose the artist, but we helped him out with the track, which was Lil Boosie's No. 1 song on Spotify)
8. Cooper Helfet: Ready 2 Ride - Philthy Rich
9. Cory Brandon: This Is How We Roll - Florida Georgia Line
10. Max Unger: Reggae Ambassador - Third World
11. Russell Wilson: P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
12. Doug Baldwin: Worst Behavior – Drake
And once a week, we'll feature a “Bonus Track” from a member of the Seahawks Digital Media team. Our first selection comes from Director of Digital Media and Emerging Media Kenton Olson, because, well, he's my boss. Enjoy.
13. BONUS: Director of Digital Media and Emerging Media Kenton Olson: DNA - The Procussions Read