You are here
Boeing 747-8 Freighter painted in Seahawks livery
With each quarter as exhilarating as the one before and with a record-breaking crowd of 69,055 at CenturyLink Field, the Sea Gals made sure to keep the 12s pumped during the suspenseful and victorious Seahawks versus Steelers game. View
Steve Hauschka and the Washington Dairy Council participated in the Fuel Up To Play 60 school assembly. The Washington State Dairy Council awarded McKnight Middle School in Renton with a $10,000 check as a part of their Seahawks Hometown Grant to continue their healthy eating and exercise habits as a school. View
EVERETT, Wash. - Boeing (NYSE: BA) today revealed a 747-8 Freighter painted in the livery of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks. The livery commemorates the team's National Football Conference Championship and upcoming appearance in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Boeing is a sponsor of the Seattle Seahawks and has partnered with the team for more than a decade on programs in the Puget Sound area.
"The Seahawks have been an inspiration to our entire community throughout this incredible season," said Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Ray Conner. "We're honored that we could join together two Northwest icons, the Seahawks and the 747, for this special salute from the entire Boeing team."
This 747-8 is owned by Boeing and currently being used for flight testing. The special livery features the distinctive Seahawks logo and a "12" on the tail to salute the team's fans. The airplane will make its first flight in its new livery on Thurs., Jan. 30.
"The 747 team is proud that one of our airplanes could be used as a tribute to the Seahawks' success this season and a rallying cry for the team as they prepare for the Super Bowl," said Eric Lindblad, vice president and general manager, 747 program, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The partnerships we have with the Seahawks and others are making a positive difference in the communities where Boeing employees live and work. We join with all Seahawks fans in wishing the team success on Sunday."
Boeing 747-8 Seahawks Livery Fun Facts Read
- Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson's longest pass this season, 80 yards (240 ft.), was almost the same length as a 747-8 fuselage (243.5 ft.)
- Russell Wilson threw for 3,357 yards (10,071 ft.) this season, similar to the runway takeoff distance for a 747-8 (10,650 ft.)
- Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin can dash the full length of the 747-8 main deck, 180 ft., in less than seven seconds
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch can squat with 16 economy seats (30 lbs. per seat)
- A 747-8 Freighter can carry 121 million Skittles candies, or 302,400 one lb. bags
- It would take 144 747-8 passenger airplanes (Intercontinentals) to carry all the Seahawks fans in CenturyLink Field (67,000 seats)
- The 747-8 can cover the length of a football field in one second at takeoff
- Seahawks fans' Guinness World Record for crowd noise is approximately 38 times louder than the 747-8 at departure