Seahawks.com Content Producer
You are here
710 ESPN Seattle Audio: Pete Carroll talks Week 15 with "Brock and Danny"
To celebrate this now annual occasion, we merge the galaxies of Star Wars with our newest stars, the 2016 #SeahawksDraft class. And as you'll discover, the parallels between our two universes go far far beyond simple name-play. Happy Star Wars Day and #MayThe4thBeWithYou always! View
Early Monday, head coach Pete Carroll joined the team's flagship radio station 710 ESPN Seattle for his weekly conversation with Brock Huard and Danny O'Neil.
"That was really a complete game for the fellas," Carroll said of the Seahawks 23-0 victory over the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium. "That's what it's supposed to look like."
For the Seahawks, it was the team's first road shutout since 2005 - a 42-0 victory at the home of the Philadelphia Eagles. For the Giants, it was the first time they've been blanked at home since a 1995 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
Seattle's defense dominated the day, forcing five interceptions of Giants quarterback Eli Manning - two by All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman, two by cornerback Byron Maxwell, and one shutout-saving pick by All-Pro free safety Earl Thomas.
"Everybody knew it, but no one was talking about it," Carroll said of his club's ability to preserve the shutout. "It was kind of like a no-hitter."
Below are a couple more nuggets from Carroll's Monday conversation with "Brock and Danny" Read
- Carroll said there is a "good chance" cornerback Brandon Browner (groin) will return to practice this week.
- Carroll indicated they'll know more on the status of wide receiver Percy Harvin (hip) on Wednesday.
- Carroll believes his club "put to rest" any doubts about playing in games with early starts on the East Coast, as the Seahawks won their fourth 10 a.m. PT kickoff start this season (4-1), contributing to a franchise-record six road wins (6-2).
- "We look pretty good." Carroll, on the health of the club coming out of Sunday's game against the Giants.
- "It was really fun. They're having a blast. I'm so thrilled that we're able to share it with such a following." Carroll, on the 12th Man lining up to greet the team at Sea-Tac Airport and Virginia Mason Athletic Center upon their return home from New York.
- "These next two games might be the toughest games we play all year." Carroll, on finishing the season at home against the red-hot Arizona Cardinals (9-5) and St. Louis Rams (6-8).