Seahawks.com Content Producer
You are here
Pete Carroll on Max Unger: "We think he'll make it for Sunday"
Take a unique look at Frank Clark's sack forced fumble that was recovered by Jordan Hill in the endzone for a touchdown during the Seahawks final preseason game of the season against the Raiders. Make sure next time you are at CenturyLink Field you check out the Seahawks mobile app to watch all of the live video streams throughout the game. Watch
Take a unique look at Tyler Lockett's 63-yard touchdown catch from Russell Wilson during the Seahawks final preseason game of the season against the Raiders. Make sure next time you are at CenturyLink Field you check out the Seahawks mobile app to watch all of the live video streams throughout the game. Watch
Head coach Pete Carroll addressed the media this afternoon ahead of the team's 1:45 p.m. "Competition Wednesday" practice and preparation for the club's Week 15 contest with the New York Giants (5-8) at MetLife Stadium.
Center Max Unger, who suffered a chest injury in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's game against San Francisco 49ers, will sit out today's practice with the hope of returning to action on Thursday or Friday.
"We think he'll make it for Sunday," Carroll said.
"We're just going week- to-week trying to figure this thing out," Carroll said. "When he gets on the practice field it's truly day-to-day."
Below are a few more bits of news and notes from Carroll's Wednesday presser: Read
- Strong safety Jeron Johnson, who was placed on injured reserve today, will not need surgery to repair the hamstring he injured in Week 14 against the Niners. Johnson's injury is to the opposite hamstring that kept him out of games earlier this season.
- With Johnson shut down for the year, Carroll said DeShawn Shead will focus his time playing more safety, and the newly-signed Perrish Cox will fill the backup cornerback role left by Shead.
- Carroll said cornerback Brandon Browner (groin) will not make it back "full-go" this week, but is working with the hope that he'll be ready to go next week.
- Linebacker K.J. Wright underwent surgery this morning to repair the foot he broke last Sunday in San Francisco. Carroll did not have an update on Wright's status post-operation.
- James Carpenter will receive a second consecutive start at left guard on Sunday against the Giants. Carroll said veteran Paul McQuistan will continue to mix into the competition at the spot.
Digital Media Reporter Clare Farnsworth and Digital Media Host Tony Ventrella will be back with more following today's practice, when offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell will be available to the media. Read