Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
Is it football season yet? T.G.I.B.F.
The Seahawks visited Southwest Boys & Girls Club on Tuesday, October 18 for the annual Hometown Huddle, an NFL-wide day of community service. Players delivered a donation of youth football gear to the White Center Seahawks and spoke to kids about the importance of health, reading and treating peers with respect. View
Thank Goodness It's Blue Friday.
Roughly 24 hours separate the Seahawks from their second preseason game of the 2013 campaign, as they welcome the defending AFC West champion Denver Broncos to CenturyLink Field. The game marks the first competition at home for the 'Hawks in 229 pigskin-deprived days.
Twenty-three days still stand between the Seahawks and their September 8 regular season opener on the road against the Carolina Panthers. So after you enjoy tomorrow night's preseason home-opener in the Emerald City, have a look at what's on tap in the days ahead with your Seattle Seahawks:
Saturday, August 17: Read
- Preseason Game No. 2 vs Denver Broncos. Kickoff at 7 p.m. PT from CenturyLink Field. The game will be broadcast on Q13 FOX, 710 AM ESPN Seattle & KIRO Radio 97.3 FM. If you have trouble finding our preseason games outside the Seattle area, check out Preseason Live, where you can watch preseason games live online with your computer or tablet device.
- Kevin Lee, the Make-A-Wish recipient who the Seahawks hosted at Virginia Mason Athletic Center in early June, will have his visit aired on ESPN's "My Wish" series at 8 p.m. PT. The show debuts during the Seahawks game against the Broncos, so consider this a friendly reminder to set those DVRs.
- Defensive end Greg Scruggs celebrates his 23rd birthday. You can wish him a happy birthday on Twitter @G_Scruggs
Sunday, August 18: Read
- Players off
Monday, August 19: Read
- "Tell The Truth Monday" - Players and coaches review the film from Saturday's game against the Broncos
- Seahawks Ring of Honor inductees, Pro Football Hall of Famers and local and national celebrities will tee off at the 2013 Rumble at the Ridge golf tournament at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. The event kicks off the 2013 Boeing Classic as foursomes are matched with a celebrity in a competition for charity. Jim Zorn, Jon Kitna, Jacob Green, and John Randle make up a few of the former Seahawks that will be in attendance.
Tuesday, August 20: Read
- "Competition Wednesday" - on a Tuesday - practice at 10 a.m. PT
- Our #HawksMailbag is back with another round of questions and answers surrounding your Seattle Seahawks. Check out our last edition of #HawksMailbag here and feel free to submit your questions directly to me on Twitter @TonyDrovetto, or send them along to @Seahawks.
Wednesday, August 21: Read
- "Turnover Thursday" - on a Wednesday - practice at 10 a.m. PT
Thursday, August 22: Read
- "No Repeat Friday" - on a Thursday - practice at 10:30 a.m. PT
- Seahawks travel to Green Bay, Wisconsin
Friday, August 23: Read
- Preseason Game No. 3 at Green Bay Packers. Kickoff at 5 p.m. PT from Lambeau Field. The game will be broadcast nationally on CBS and on your radio dials at 710 AM ESPN Seattle & KIRO Radio 97.3 FM.
- Former Seahawks defensive tackle and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Cortez Kennedy celebrates his 45th birthday.
Saturday, August 24: Read
- Players off
- Long snapper Clint Gresham celebrates his 27th birthday. You can wish him a happy birthday on Twitter @Gresh49